Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traffic. Still don't get the insane amounts of love for this flick, but the stuff with Del Toro and Cheadle is aces. Just not a fan of the Douglas and his kid stuff.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I don't get it either.
      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffington Headcheese View Post
        Traffic. Still don't get the insane amounts of love for this flick, but the stuff with Del Toro and Cheadle is aces. Just not a fan of the Douglas and his kid stuff.
        douglas and his kid were the weak link. It is still a strong movie.
        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffington Headcheese View Post
          Traffic. Still don't get the insane amounts of love for this flick, but the stuff with Del Toro and Cheadle is aces. Just not a fan of the Douglas and his kid stuff.
          Probably due to the fact it sermonizes in an incredibly childish manor about an issue in a society that is largely not made up of honkey girls or their lives under their rich daddy's roof.

I understand the necessity of narrative intrigue for a largely uninformed and ridiculously caucasian audience, but sometimes, it is fucking stupid.

Like in Traffic.
          Last edited by Captain Russ; 09-21-2012, 01:35 AM. Reason: rich dad is nothing but a narrative device for idiots who have no reference in reality FUCK YOU IF YOU WRITE LIKE THAT
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
            Probably due to the fact it sermonizes in an incredibly childish manor about an issue in a society that is largely not made up of honkey girls or their lives under their rich daddy's roof.

I understand the necessity of narrative intrigue for a largely uninformed and ridiculously caucasian audience, but sometimes, it is fucking stupid.

Like in Traffic.
            Or Crash.... (the Haggis one).

Fuck that movie even more.

Comment

• Would have loved a separate movie of just Cheadle and Guzmán fighting the drug war.

Great flick. For me, Zeta Jones is the MVP.
              Originally posted by Ari
              The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                Or Crash.... (the Haggis one).

Fuck that movie even more.
                Its insane to mention that awful film in the same breath as Traffic.
                Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                Would have loved a separate movie of just Cheadle and Guzmán fighting the drug war.
                See, I really like Traffic, but I don't think I've watched it since I finished The Wire and I reckon it would come off as a little pat now. But HELLZ YEAH to the Cheadle/Guzman spin-off.
                I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post

Like in Traffic.
                  Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                  Its insane to mention that awful film in the same breath as Traffic.
                  Both Traffic and Crash shares those traits. Crash is just more awful.

Comment

• Zeta-Jones was amazing in TRAFFIC. Surprised the hell out of me.
                    Originally posted by Martin
                    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                    Originally posted by gravedigger
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                      Both Traffic and Crash shares those traits. Crash is just more awful.
                      Fair enough. I suppose what I should have said was that I never felt insulted during Traffic.
                      I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• I liked TRAFFIC but haven't seen it in years ...haven't felt the need to. CRASH was a one-and-done.
                        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                        Originally posted by gravedigger
                        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• All of the performances in Traffic are tip-top. Topher Grace, Don Cheadel, Miguel Ferrer, Clifton Collins, Jr.

Comment

• Collins is great in the in vino veritas scene

Comment

• Miguel Ferrer should get more work imho
                              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Rewatching Twin Peaks just makes this more salient a point.

Also, saw Dredd a few minutes ago. Urban is awesome, Slo-Mo is trippy as hell, Thirlby is HNNNNNGHHHHHHHH, and the violence tows a line between ridiculously over-the-top and aesthetically pleasing.

Cool movie was cool.
                                Last edited by Captain Russ; 09-21-2012, 05:10 PM.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X