Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
    JB was my favourite Tarantino until he made Inglourious Basterds.

That said, its still his most mature and restrained work and I'd like to see him tackle someone else's source material again. Forster and Grier are amazing here (it's the only film I genuinely like Grier in) and its one of De Niro's last hurrah's as far as quality work goes as well.
    Agreed 100%. IB hit my sweet spot for some reason. JB is a very close second in his career of films.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Theodore Stabbington View Post
      Jackie Brown.
      Never seen it. Been meaning to rectify this at some point, but I just keep putting it off.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Oh man. It's sooooooooo good. IT's on instant as well
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• ORLY? Cool.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Seriously, never seen Jackie Brown?

Comment

• Yeah.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• What the fuck happened to you. You used to be beautiful man.

Comment

•   Spoiler: BIlly's answer to his incorrectly punctuated question which may or may not have to do with a certain current vidya game title's ending. 
                  I was given three choices by a magical space leprechaun. I chose poorly.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• If you would have seen Jackie Brown you would understand that the delivery is much more a statement than of an inquisitive nature. That is to say, Sam L does not ask questions. He states imperatives.

Comment

• That's just Sammy's style, though.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• See JACKIE BROWN now. You won't regret it.
                        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                        Originally posted by gravedigger
                        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Gonna see it tonight.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Theodore Stabbington View Post
                            Demo Man is more fun in an overall sense while Cobra has a better version of Stallone.
                            Perfect summation.

Originally posted by Theodore Stabbington View Post
                            I still love both flicks to death. I just really can't deal with Death Proof on it's own.
                            I've done a Grindhouse U-Turn over the years. Hated Death at first, but loved Planet. Now I could quite happily go back for more demented Kurt action. Planet, not so much.

Recent round-up:

The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension

I want to love this the way I feel it deserves to be loved, yet I can't. Something about Weller and Barkin just doesn't work for me in this context. Quick fix: swap 'em for Kurt Russell and Kim Cattrall.

Dead Heat

So
                            much fun. Treat Willams is a delight, and there's a stack of great lines ("Remember the good old days when guns used to kill people?")

Star Trek: First Contact

I popped the DVD in initially just to watch the opening space battle with the Borg. However, I ended up watching it through to the end, albeit by skipping some of the Earth-bound Cromwell scenes along the way.

There's a lot to like.
                            • "Die Hard on the Enterprise with the Borg" mostly lives up to its potential; it's also very cool getting to see what is essentially the all-singing, all-dancing version of Wolf 359 at the start.
                            • Picard's arc is strong, bringing out some real flourishes from Stewart along the way ("GET OFF MY BRIIIIDGE!!!")
                            • Data.
                            • Some lovely miniature work, as well as enduring CGI.
                            • Alfre Woodard, who does a lot of very unglamorous stuff that really helps sell the tone.
                            • Jerry Goldsmith's fantastic score.
                            • The picture does a mostly successful job of broadening Trek's appeal without pandering.

The comedy stuff falls flat, and even though Krige is game, the Borg Queen just doesn't command the same authority she once did. However, these are minor gripes. I give it... oh, 3 Porkinses out of 5.
                            "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Battle Royale on bd. Still good shit. The transfer is pretty good, much better than the bootleg I've had the last 8 years. Of course Brittany walks away with like 15 minutes left saying it's dumb and she "isn't losing sleep time to this shit" then saying "I can see how Hunger Games totally ripped it off though."

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                                If you would have seen Jackie Brown you would understand that the delivery is much more a statement than of an inquisitive nature. That is to say, Sam L does not ask questions. He states imperatives.
                                In shitty hippie vans, no less.

Saw it. Loved it.

Forster shoulda got the golden dude for it that year. Same with the Sam and Pam Show.

Goddamn they were great.

Inept, stoned DeNiro is the best DeNiro.

Clocking in at nearly three hours, it felt like maybe two. Insanely quick-movin' stuff.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X