No announcement yet.

Houston Texans 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I kinda wish I knew about football for this thread. As it is, this thread make me all like:
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Football is it's own culture in Texas. I'm almost afraid to see who Billy and B follow in college ball (although I've more or less dropped college football. I'm surrounded by the enemy here).
      We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
      - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Cowboys were ok with me till Jimmy the Hair took over. Fuck him and his immovable hair. Also the cowboys could be worse. They could be the patriots. Ugh.
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Originally posted by Howard View Post
          Football is it's own culture in Texas. I'm almost afraid to see who Billy and B follow in college ball (although I've more or less dropped college football. I'm surrounded by the enemy here).
          Not big on college sports at all. I'll watch the Longhorns, because that's who I grew up cheering for and that's who everyone I know cheers for, but I lost all taste for college sports about 10 years ago.

Truth be told, I'm not even the biggest football fan. I typically use football as a way to rile up the crazy hardcore football is life people in Texas, because you're absolutely right, football is life here in Texas, but give me basketball any day. It's always been my favorite sport, and the only one I actively follow beyond checking the last nights scores.

Comment

Speaking of last nights scores, how's those Cowboys do? Lulz. And yeah, I know the Texans suck.
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Yeah, I've been growing disaffected with sports in general (even my beloved baseball). It's gone from being a sport to being a business.

Guess that's why I'll watch the over-lovin' shit out of the Olympics (although even that is somewhat professional too).

Ever catch a game of Aussie Rules Football? If I can ever see it a normal hours (and on a regular schedule) I would follow it more. Fascinating and fun to watch. Kind of a mixture of football, rugby, basketball and soccer.
              We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
              - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

B, I expect the Cowboys to lose every game, that way it's a nice surprise when they win.

And Howard, I have indeed seen some good Aussie Football when I lived in Toronto. Some of the pubs near my place there would play it on satellite. Good stuff. The only time I really hugely get into a non-basketball game anymore is when I hit up a taqueria and some massive soccer game is going on. Nothing quite like seeing a guy from Mexico try to gut a guy from El Salvador because of a goal over a plate of lengua.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyG
                  B, I expect the Cowboys to lose every game, that way it's a nice surprise when they win.
                  Bwahahaha Yeaaaah Riiiight!!

Comment

Originally posted by B_MetalSucks View Post
                    Bwahahaha Yeaaaah Riiiight!!
                    If you don't believe me, you quite obviously have never spent a Sunday with me. I haven't expected a win since about 1997.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpBVhm3JmHA
                      I did feel bad for the Texans though

Comment

Why? It's their own fault. Kris Browns anyway. Good luck to your cowboys. May they beat the Eagles and lose to the Vikings.

Comment

I felt bad for the team that wasn't comprised of shitty kickers.

Comment

Ahh. Well then I agree with that. A couple plays executed better and they'd have made the playoffs.

Comment

Joy.

Comment

Yeah. Just wait till next week.

Comment

Working...
                                X