• Show
Clear All

• Pacific Rim aka the Mecha vs Godzilla Fap Fap Thread. SPOILERS

Easily my most awaited movie of 2013.

First pic!

Stringer Bell in a suit!

BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

What is this all about?
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Official shit:

From acclaimed filmmaker Guillermo del Toro comes Warner Bros. Pictures’ and Legendary Pictures’ epic sci-fi action adventure ‘Pacific Rim.’

When legions of monstrous creatures, known as Kaiju, started rising from the sea, a war began that would take millions of lives and consume humanity’s resources for years on end. To combat the giant Kaiju, a special type of weapon was devised: massive robots, called Jaegers, which are controlled simultaneously by two pilots whose minds are locked in a neural bridge. But even the Jaegers are proving nearly defenseless in the face of the relentless Kaiju. On the verge of defeat, the forces defending mankind have no choice but to turn to two unlikely heroes—a washed up former pilot (Charlie Hunnam) and an untested trainee (Rinko Kikuchi)—who are teamed to drive a legendary but seemingly obsolete Jaeger from the past. Together, they stand as mankind’s last hope against the mounting apocalypse.

Oscar nominee Guillermo del Toro (‘Pan’s Labyrinth’) is directing ‘Pacific Rim’ from a script by Travis Beacham (‘Clash of the Titans’). Thomas Tull, Jon Jashni and Mary Parent are producing, with Callum Greene serving as executive producer.

The film stars Charlie Hunnam (TV’s ‘Sons of Anarchy’), Idris Elba (‘Thor’), Rinko Kikuchi (‘The Brothers Bloom’), Charlie Day (‘Horrible Bosses’), and Ron Perlman (the ‘Hellboy’ films). The ensemble cast also includes Max Martini, Robert Kazinsky, Clifton Collins, Jr., Burn Gorman, Larry Joe Campbell, Diego Klattenhoff, and Brad William Henke.

Del Toro’s behind-the-scenes team includes Academy Award®-winning director of photography Guillermo Navarro, production designer Andrew Neskoromny, editor Peter Amundson, and costume designer Kate Hawley.
      Slated for release in Summer 2013, ‘Pacific Rim’ is a presentation of Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures. The film will be distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company.

Comment

Oh shit. I apparently haven't been paying attention.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

And the title's thread is sayin it all!

It's apparently the project he chose after Mountains of Madness collapsed. The story, crew and actors all seems to be the perfect alignement of geekdom.

Soooooooooooooooooo there at opening night.

Comment

This could go over huge.

All but getting everyone on first impressions, i.e. footage.
            Originally posted by Ari
            The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
              Easily my most awaited movie of 2013.

First pic!

Stringer Bell in a suit!

This shit is not a 40 degree day. This is a definite 60 degree day. Got us outside BBQing and shit.

Comment

This sounds fucking awesome.
                Originally posted by Martin
                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                Originally posted by gravedigger
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                Originally posted by Martin
                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

I can't wait to see the mecha and creature designs - I'd love it if they pull heavily from Japanese anime/manga for the mecha designs, and go balls out and make some of the most horrific looking monsters they can.

Comment

If someone can make awesome horrific monsters, it's Del Toro. I'm pretty sure he'll go with some Japanese design, heck, this whole things smells like an old Japanese classic.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                      If someone can make awesome horrific monsters, it's Del Toro. I'm pretty sure he'll go with some Japanese design, heck, this whole things smells like an old Japanese classic.
                      Hope so. If he goes man-in-monster-suit wrecking toy cities for the SFX, I'll have his baby.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                        I can't wait to see the mecha and creature designs - I'd love it if they pull heavily from Japanese anime/manga for the mecha designs, and go balls out and make some of the most horrific looking monsters they can.
                        Oh shit yes all of this.
                        "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                        *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

Comment

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Comment

Originally posted by Ari
                              The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

Working...
                              X