What'cha watchin' ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well tell that to the internet.

I mean, TD was written very well, had compelling characters, and was shot in a way that worked very well but I was never counting down the days to the next episode. I do however do that with Hannibal, but that only really started the second season.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• And I enjoy The Wire but that's not the greatest show of all time for me either.

FULL HOUSE
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Hannibal is a cartoon in how the characters function and how the plot unfolds. The whole world is like the pro wrestling version of the killer/profiler show.

Troo Troo Detective was much more realistic in its characterization and was less concerned with the why and much more focused on the how of things. The plot fizzled because that wasn't the endgame. It operated independently of audience expectation and used genre trappings to tell a different story than what people are usually fed.

That's why it is regarded highly. It offered an alternative to the status quo while still offering up a coda very much in line with what some wanted which also explains the backlash it had with some others.

It's all entertainment; trying to measure the quality of each thing is just the silliest thing to attempt, as they each do what they do very well, and sometimes the crossover for audiences isn't there.

Let's move on to talking about how great Deadwood was and how it never got a proper ending when it totally earned some sort of finality. I still feel like that dude in the tub at the end of Truman Show about that show.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
          Hannibal is a cartoon in how the characters function and how the plot unfolds. The whole world is like the pro wrestling version of the killer/profiler show.

Troo Troo Detective was much more realistic in its characterization and was less concerned with the why and much more focused on the how of things. The plot fizzled because that wasn't the endgame. It operated independently of audience expectation and used genre trappings to tell a different story than what people are usually fed.

That's why it is regarded highly. It offered an alternative to the status quo while still offering up a coda very much in line with what some wanted which also explains the backlash it had with some others.

It's all entertainment; trying to measure the quality of each thing is just the silliest thing to attempt, as they each do what they do very well, and sometimes the crossover for audiences isn't there.

Let's move on to talking about how great Deadwood was and how it never got a proper ending when it totally earned some sort of finality. I still feel like that dude in the tub at the end of Truman Show about that show.

Whenever I look at how many seasons True Blood got and think about the Yakuza vampire shit, I think back to Deadwood Season 3 and Rome Season 2 and I just want to bitch smack HBO.

At least, Rome got to squeeze out a solid ending.
          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
            Hannibal is a cartoon in how the characters function and how the plot unfolds. The whole world is like the pro wrestling version of the killer/profiler show.

I can't disagree about the Hannibal thoughts.

Nor can I disagree with your TD musings. But I can say is the fact the plot fizzled is why I don't like it. I never have any reason to ever watch that season again personally. Awesome that you guys dig it, but it just left me bored. Except that amazing raid episode.

Comment

• The other great thing is that it is looking to be a self-contained operation from series to series. Arcs occur, people change, and that's that. Off to some other place.

American Horror Story is ridiculous, but I really liked that aspect of the show.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• AHS is great specifically for that reason. Which is why I will be watching TD2. Because I hated the first season of AHS so much, but I loved season 2 and 3 of AHS. All depends on the story being told.

Comment

• I just hope Vince Vaughn shows up to actually try.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• is it confirmed that VV is involved in TD S2?
                    Originally posted by Martin
                    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                    Originally posted by gravedigger
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Thought he'd been cast alongside a couple other peeps a while ago. Liz Moss and someone else.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Colin Farrell, Vince Vaughn, Elizabeth Moss, and Taylor Kitsch were up for it. I hadn't heard if the deal had been done on any of them yet, though.
                        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                        Originally posted by gravedigger
                        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Oh yeah, Eyebrows O'Hoolihan. Forgot about that fella.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                            It'll be hard to top the mushroom people.
                            I have no idea what this means. But the mere utterance of this phrase has kindled an interest in seeing Hannibal that I had not heretofore possessed.

And the True Blood finale? I got a blowjob once from a girl who had no idea whatsoever how to do it. We eventually gave up trying. This "finale" was kind of like that. . .
                            I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Dude, you should give Hannibal a chance. It took a few episodes for me to get it, but now it's one of my favorite shows.

Mads IS Hannibal now. I can't even deal with Hopkins anymore.

Comment

• CBS is rerunning the NCIS sendoff for Ralph Waite tonight. Gonna watch it again prior to watching "Rizzoli & Isles".
                                Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs!

Comment

Working...
                                X