The Muppets (2011)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Muppets (2011)

I went back eight or nine pages and didn't see anything so I guess there's not a thread. Anyway, new photo of Segel and Walter and plot synopsis! I'll just leave the link in the event anyone is trying to stay totally spoiler-free.

Holy cats, I can't wait for this movie. It sucks that it doesn't come out until NOVEMBER.

One of the linked articles at the link you posted mentioned Danny Trejo's doing a cameo. Muppets + Danny Trejo = Too much fuckin' awesomeness, and guarantees my ass in a seat opening night.

Comment

Yeah, Segel is gonna own this. I'm super pumped.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Can't wait to see this, but I am disappointed that fucking Amy Adams is in this movie too. I'm really just so sick of seeing her in everything - I realize that that's the way Hollywood works when you're the flavor of the month, and her 15 minutes are nearly up, but I'm just heartily sick of her.
        2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa View Post
          Can't wait to see this, but I am disappointed that fucking Amy Adams is in this movie too. I'm really just so sick of seeing her in everything - I realize that that's the way Hollywood works when you're the flavor of the month, and her 15 minutes are nearly up, but I'm just heartily sick of her.
          This. Same with Zach Galfingerinhisass. I realize most people think he's funny, but he just irritates me.
          Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

Originally posted by ingrid View Post
            This. Same with Zach Galfingerinhisass. I realize most people think he's funny, but he just irritates me.
            I'm curious, did you see his stand up before seeing him playing a character in a movie/on TV?
            If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

Originally posted by Lesley View Post
              I'm curious, did you see his stand up before seeing him playing a character in a movie/on TV?
              Seriously. Go to Netflix Instant and swoon. And I don't get the Amy Adams hate, maybe I don't watch enough TV or romcoms? Anything I've seen her in has been fine.

Comment

I'm just enjoying the fact that Segal's star seems to be rising - I've seen pretty much every film he's in, and he always delivers, which means the Muppets will be that much better because he's involved.

Comment

His stand up is awesome, but he's getting kind of over-exposed, movie-wise, as well. I can see Ingrid's point.

Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                  And I don't get the Amy Adams hate, maybe I don't watch enough TV or romcoms? Anything I've seen her in has been fine.
                  Then no, you don't watch enough rom-coms. She's in pretty much all the rom-coms these days while her star is on the rise. And in every single one, she plays the same freaking character - the uber-feminine, totally helpless, delicate little flower. And don't get me wrong, I understand that she needed to play that character to the hilt in "Enchanted", but she plays Princess Giselle in pretty much every single movie she's in.

That being said, I did like her send up of that particular super-girly, giggly character in "Drop Dead Gorgeous", and my guess is that she's NOT doing that character in "The Fighter" - am I right? So she has range, she just chooses not to exercise it 98% of the time.
                  2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

Comment

His stand up is awesome, but he's getting kind of over-exposed, movie-wise, as well. I can see Ingrid's point.
                    I'm just saying because most of my love for him is from his stand up - I can see definitely not liking him as much if my first impression was just The Hangover.
                    If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

All rom-coms are the same. Doesn't matter who is in them. And Zach is fucking HILARIOUS. Good on him for finally selling out.
                      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

I'm just saying because most of my love for him is from his stand up - I can see definitely not liking him as much if my first impression was just The Hangover.
                        I love his stand up! I know it's probably a million years old, but I love his acapella group comprised of all his ex-girlfriends singing "Eternal Flame" by The Bangles!

Comment

Super Ray is great.

Fat Jesus for life.

On topic: this movie will be fucking great.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

I love his stand up! I know it's probably a million years old, but I love his acapella group comprised of all his ex-girlfriends singing "Eternal Flame" by The Bangles!
                            Yeah! That was some choral group called the Night Owls or something, and he was doing a Bob Dylan-esque thing with cue cards! AWESOME!
                            Last edited by Timothy225; 01-10-2011, 02:13 PM.

Comment

I'm trying to think of movies I've seen that feature Amy Adams and can only come up with two- RICKY BOBBY and SUNSHINE CLEANING. I remember seeing the commercial for ENCHANTED about a hojillion times. Does that count? I guess my movie diet is lacking in romantic comedies.

Comment

Working...
                              X