Multiple Times in the Theater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Howard View Post
    Not at all. We usually did it on a rainy day (and it helped that I had friends at the theater) so what else was there to do on a rainy day? All day moviethon seemed like the best thing to do, so we did. Made sure we had enough cash for food and vidja games (and we always got the super big popcorn bucket and drink cup so we could get free refills). I should have gotten fat. The last time I did that was back for Independence Day and I can't even recall the other movies we saw that day.
    Hee... even though I can't eat like that anymore, I did that a few years back during the AMC Theaters Day at the Oscars marathon, where they showed the top five best picture nominated films in an all day marathon (There Will Be Blood/No Country For Old Men/Juno/Atonement/Michael Clayton). The popcorn refills were free, but we also ate so much other shit along with it! Hot dogs, pretzel nuggets with cheese dipping sauce - it was just non stop shit eating from 11 AM till 11 PM.
    2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

Some of the movies I saw as a kid at Jackson Cinema (RIP), Director's Chair (RIP), and Town and Country (RIP):

Golden Voyage of Sinbad (3x)
      Seventh Voyage of Sinbad (2x)
      Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger (3x)
      Jason and the Argonauts (3x)
      Towering Inferno (2x)
      Raiders of the Lost Ark (3x)
      Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (3x)
      Star Wars (6)
      Empire Strikes Back (2x)
      Return of the Jedi (2 or 3x)
      Tron (3 or 4x)
      Dragonslayer (4x)
      Planet of The Apes series (about 2-4x each)
      Clash of the Titans (2x)
      Love at First Bite (3x)
      Rocky Horror Picture Show (2x - special Midnight showings every Saturday night!)
      An American Werewolf in London (.5x - snuck in, got freaked out, left early, made the long walk home. At night. Under a full moon. This film would lead me to being a hardcore horror geek when it hit cable, though.)
      Poseidon Adventure (3x)
      Jaws (2x)
      Jaws 2 (4x)
      Jaws 3D (2x)
      Batman (1966) (2x)
      Assorted kiddie films and cartoons (quite a few times)

In other theaters -
      LOTR trilogy twice each
      Preadtors (2x)

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
        An American Werewolf in London (.5x - snuck in, got freaked out, left early, made the long walk home. At night. Under a full moon.
        HA! Chicken! *I* also saw it alone, at night, and headed home alone after it was over.

(Okay, so I came out onto a brightly lit boardwalk packed with people, and took the jitney home to my dad's front door, but still.)
        2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

Wayne's World. Twice. If only for Cassandra and Ed O'Neil's fucked up words of wisdom. Also, Shitty Beatles.

The sqweakquel. Twice. If only for Del Preston's stories. And Kim Basinger.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
          X