Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: House

Originally posted by nerdious dorkus
    thought-provoking and intellegent is not the same. any idiot can produce a thought, theory, or speculation. to be able to talk about diseases on house or er makes you intellegent.
    hehe...

Ok, so by this logic I can produce a thought about Primer and be an idiot. Or I can talk about a disease and be smart?

I think I know what you are trying to say, but you're doing a horrible job at it man....

House is junkfood tv. Plain and simple.

And I do enjoy it. Lesley and I were talking about House a few weeks ago. That doesn't make it intelligent.

But when I did research on the Casimir Effect because of Lost, that opened a whole new can of worms.

But maybe we can agree to disagree. =)

"Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by nerdious dorkus
      and i don't understand the hate for this show. i can see why people dislike heroes. but what's up with hating house?

does this sum up why you hate it?

"oh i hate house."
      "why?"
      "because they make stuff up."
      "oh you mean like EVERY OTHER FUCKING sitcom?"
      "exactly."
      My hate for the show is not that there is make believe stuff, your right.... it's TV and thing's are bound to be fake. My dislike is because it's the same thing each and every week..... in my opinion. But thats ok..... I watch Greys Anatomy so where even. ;D
      "Can't really bench press anything when you're sporting less than an inch, it's common with Asian males... FUCK!" ~ nerdious

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson

Recipient of "The Best Post of the Day Award" : 1

Comment

I'll take Grey's over House any day of the week.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

sorry. i guess i have to be a little clearer. understanding and being able to discuss an issue makes you intelligent.

regarding primer, watch it and if you fully understood it, i'll bow down to you sir because that plot was rather convoluted.

the only reason why i brought up lost because for some reason people feel high and mighty because they can make theories that make no fucking sense at all. other than this guy's.

scott, that website you posted is amazing.

your comment about the fact that it's the same premise every week can be attributed to almost every show on tv.

and fuck grey's. so there.
          The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

in any case, if one really wanted to be considered "intelligent," they'd stop watching tv and read a book.

Comment

Tv and books can both be intelligent and junkfood. I don't want to get in that argument here.

I'm not trying to compare the two, but at least Grey's is different week to week (while focusing more on the interactions between character than "what crazy ass medical mystery can we trot out this week?" Plus, way more gore while House's premise is quite simple:

1. Someone comes to the hospital
              2. It looks like it may be nothing serious.
              3. House makes his snide remarks to his co-workers
              4. HOLY SHIT, IT IS SERIOUS AND NORMAL TESTS DON'T DO ANYTHING!!!
              5. Now it's time for CSI bullshit
              6. House knows he's right, but let's the other people do their thing
              7. House saves the day, pops some pills and makes a crude remark to Cuddy
              8. Rinse, repeat

I'll give you the first season. That was actually pretty good. But it's almost become a fucking parody of itself at this point. It's ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
                Tv and books can both be intelligent and junkfood. I don't want to get in that argument here.

I'm not trying to compare the two, but at least Grey's is different week to week (while focusing more on the interactions between character than "what crazy ass medical mystery can we trot out this week?" Plus, way more gore while House's premise is quite simple:

1. Someone comes to the hospital
                2. It looks like it may be nothing serious.
                3. House makes his snide remarks to his co-workers
                4. HOLY SHIT, IT IS SERIOUS AND NORMAL TESTS DON'T DO ANYTHING!!!
                5. Now it's time for CSI bullshit
                6. House knows he's right, but let's the other people do their thing
                7. House saves the day, pops some pills and makes a crude remark to Cuddy
                8. Rinse, repeat

I'll give you the first season. That was actually pretty good. But it's almost become a fucking parody of itself at this point. It's ridiculous.
                You Asshole...... that felt like you just made me watch a whole episode!

Greys Anatomy = Gays Anatomy ever since T.R came out! Gotta love the gore and all the hotties.... you got Heigl, Sara Ramirez, and new hottie Chyler Leigh... NICE!
                "Can't really bench press anything when you're sporting less than an inch, it's common with Asian males... FUCK!" ~ nerdious

Comment

All about Sara and Chyler.

But the gay joke, bad form sir....

And Nerdious, it's fun arguing with you. No hard feelings ever, just wanted to make that clear.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob

But the gay joke, bad form sir....

All come on!

Comment

I have honestly never watched an episode of House and I don't plan to. I hate House because of the douche bags that work on that show. They are a bunch of fucking hollywood pussyloafs and deserve to fucking rot. They are constantly complaining about bullshit and imposing themselves on everyone. They have kicked us out of our golf cart parking amongst other things. They are fucking pieces of schmegmah.

For the record the diseases on the show aren't made up nor are the cures. They have a couple medical consultants on the show that research this shit and give them ideas.
                      Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

I had anal conjunctivtis once. Get it? Pink eye in the brown eye? I think I still need to go home.
                        Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                        Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                        POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

I gotta use that one next time I call off sick...I usually tell them I have raging diarrhea and its spraying out of my ass uncontrollably.

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan
                            I had anal conjunctivtis once. Get it? Pink eye in the brown eye? I think I still need to go home.
                            Originally posted by Big Brother
                            I gotta use that one next time I call off sick...I usually tell them I have raging diarrhea and its spraying out of my ass uncontrollably.

So, when are the forums going to be down again?
                            Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                            John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

30 mins right? Maybe I'll actually do some work today

Comment

damn you rob!!! kill you in the face! actually, i don't really care what people say about shows. and it is kind of hilarious just arguing about it. truth of the matter is, i just want to think all shows i don't have the time to watch are horrible so that i can justify not watching them. even battlestar galactica is a crappy show. hahhahaha.

post script: i have all four dvd sets of bsg still sealed. and until i have the time, it'll still be considered a horrible show. ahahahahahaha.

Comment

Working...
                                X