House

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: House

no, shows that smart people watch, shows that actually are worth watching...

Comment

You shut up you dirty south african. You watch Smallville....and Voyager...

haha

"Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

All the diseases are made up, most of the tests and cures are made up, no hospital would ever keep any doctor with a attitude and drug problem like House?s..... so I hope people are getting dumber watching it.
        "Can't really bench press anything when you're sporting less than an inch, it's common with Asian males... FUCK!" ~ nerdious

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson

Recipient of "The Best Post of the Day Award" : 1

Comment

Exactly.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Originally posted by ScooterLaBeef
            All the diseases are made up, most of the tests and cures are made up, no hospital would ever keep any doctor with a attitude and drug problem like House?s..... so I hope people are getting dumber watching it.
            none of the diseases are made up fool. i have friends who are majoring in bio-med who watch this show, my mom works as a lab tech in the los robles hospital, and i've volunteered in two hospitals, so i know none of it is made up. and seriously, go volunteer at a hospital. there are jerks parading around that just as big of jerks as house. and the reason why this show is great is because of the fact that the doctor is so abrasive and addicted on drugs.

you guys speak as if you know how a hospital works. it's awesome. my mom would keep me and my brother in the break room since we had no babysitters and my dad was diagnosed with cancer, so you could say i basically grew up in a hospital.
            The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

This show = entertainment not real life

Comment

sure it's entertainment but that doesn't mean the diseases or cures aren't real. just because you don't know what could cure a disease or what huntington's disease is doesn't make it not real. i don't understand why you wouldn't consider this as a show intelligent people watch. what would you consider an "intelligent show?" lost? hahahaha.

Comment

Haaa, sorry to make you upset.... ok, let me re-post. 98% of the shit is made up not 100%.
                  "Can't really bench press anything when you're sporting less than an inch, it's common with Asian males... FUCK!" ~ nerdious

Comment

Intellegent shows are real show's that you would find on Discovery or History channel not a show on Fox.

Comment

I consider an "intelligent show" a show that spurs conversation and critical thinking. House does not. Why do I say that? Every episode is essentially selfcontained. New "medical mystery" is found and fixed by the end of the show. That does not make the show intelligent. Using big words does not make the show intelligent. House = ER
                      How many times have you had a decent conversation about House? Honestly. Now look at forums dedicated to the theories and background information on Lost.

I'd say Lost (with it's underlying themes and they way they present the information: meaning that alot of the times people learn about varying things because of an off hand mention) is way more intelligent than House. And I watch both.

Comment

Also this has nothing to do with " I hate *insert show* so it's not smart"

So don't bring your Lost gripes in here Nerdious.

Comment

Originally posted by nerdious dorkus

go volunteer at a hospital. there are jerks parading around that just as big of jerks as house. and the reason why this show is great is because of the fact that the doctor is so abrasive and addicted on drugs.
                          Also I wasn't saying the diseases were made up, but there is no way in fuck that if a Hospital knew one of it's doctors was addicted to drugs that they would let that shit slide. Not even with someone like House. It makes a good tv show, not a real life representation.

Comment

thought-provoking and intellegent is not the same. any idiot can produce a thought, theory, or speculation. to be able to talk about diseases on house or er makes you intellegent. and yes, i have had conversations about the diseases on house and cures. why? because we'd get burnt out talking about strategies on beating a 6 hour boss fight in ff11. and because we're nerds.

and i agree with you in regards to other "intelligent shows" scott. but, there aren't always a lot of shows on the discovery or history channel that interest me too much. and i've watched everything possible on hawking, einstein, space, and anything with michio kaku. who's that? a pretty famous theoretical physicist who has authored books on string theory, time travel, and parallel worlds.

Also I wasn't saying the diseases were made up, but there is no way in fuck that if a Hospital knew one of it's doctors was addicted to drugs that they would let that shit slide. Not even with someone like House. It makes a good tv show, not a real life representation.
                            i totally agree with that but the issues it deals with is intelligent. and i'm not bringing my lost hate, i was just trying to make a point. what makes one show intelligent and one not? i just feel house is intelligent and entertaining.

Comment

Here's a great site that breaks down all the wonderful medical mystery's and cures.
                              http://www.politedissent.com/index.p...&submit=search

Comment

and i don't understand the hate for this show. i can see why people dislike heroes. but what's up with hating house?

does this sum up why you hate it?

"oh i hate house."
                                "why?"
                                "because they make stuff up."
                                "oh you mean like EVERY OTHER FUCKING sitcom?"
                                "exactly."

Comment

Working...
                                X