Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So so so so so so sooooo good.

Comment

Stellar start. Beautifully shot and acted.

It was grand seeing Dabney Coleman back in the game.

Sunday can't come back soon enough.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

Watching that tomorrow! Good to know it lives up to the expectations!
        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Enjoyed this tremendously. Not surprised, however, that they ran into problems trying to film in New Jersey (I swear, the amount of BS in this state...).

Always great to see Buscemi, no matter what he's doing, and it was fantastic to see Coleman back in the saddle. Stellar performances, and to see one asshole in particular get his comeuppance - aces!

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
            to see one asshole in particular get his comeuppance - aces!
            Indeeeeed.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

I was also surprised at how gruesome a couple of the kills were, and "Ride 'Em Cowboy" will forever hold a special place in my heart.

Comment

CAN'T WAIT TO WATCH THIS!

We don't have HBO so I'm gonna have to resort to...other measures...to watch this show. I'm glad to hear that it lives up to the hype.
                Originally posted by Martin
                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                Originally posted by gravedigger
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                Originally posted by Martin
                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

I was also surprised at how gruesome a couple of the kills were, and "Ride 'Em Cowboy" will forever hold a special place in my heart.
                  The one that really caught me off guard was the last one. Mostly because it is usually either kept at a distance or completely off-screen.

Ballsy. And CG no less.

Also: Sweaty Tits was nice. Buscemi's doorman is fine comedy relief.
                  Last edited by Captain Russ; 09-20-2010, 11:05 AM.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

Agreed. I love it when the realization sinks in that "Hey! We're on CABLE!" So, all sense of restraint falls by the wayside, and they can push the envelope 'til the cows come home.

Seconded on the doorman - I've a feeling he's going to be the running gag for the series. I'm expecting memes eventually.

The women on this show are going to deliver much of the best performances, I think. So far, and even though she was only seen briefly, I'm finding myself attracted to Babette. Girls in top hats = my kryptonite.

Comment

Agreed. I love it when the realization sinks in that "Hey! We're on CABLE!" So, all sense of restraint falls by the wayside, and they can push the envelope 'til the cows come home.

Seconded on the doorman - I've a feeling he's going to be the running gag for the series. I'm expecting memes eventually.

The women on this show are going to deliver much of the best performances, I think. So far, and even though she was only seen briefly, I'm finding myself attracted to Babette. Girls in top hats = my kryptonite.
                      Champagne girl is mine, dammit!

KNIFE FIGHT

*turns on Beat It*
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

Oh, you THINK you're getting a shot at Miss Babette? Champagne? Prepare for some REAL pain!

(pulls a Tommy Gun)

See? Now, get outta here, ya mug!

Comment

Oh, you THINK you're getting a shot at Miss Babette? Champagne? Prepare for some REAL pain!

(pulls a Tommy Gun)

See? Now, get outta here, ya mug!
                          I'll get my coat...

Me quick one want slow

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                            Forget it Rob, you won't like it.
                            Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                            I dunno, you seem to have an aversion to history and shit.
                            Just watched it. Was pretty good. BUT it could have been better Mr. Scorsese. Here's how:

1. What's up with all of these cars without power windows and heat? Poor Al Capone driving to Chicago in that bitchass jalopy. I say he needs to drive a badass HUMMER H1™ all blinged out with tvs and shit.
                            2. The music. What's up with this flapper bullshit? And the sound quality? That shit was weak. That ain't current. Get some goddamn Lady Gaga up in this shit. Babette's? MORE LIKE Gagette's amirite guise?
                            3. Jimmy's attire. What's up with this shit? He should be rocking some FUBU™ since he's all gangsta up in thisand he needs a bluetooth headset.
                            4. Product placement. Not once did I see a Coke™ ad or Subway™. This must not stand. Next episode I want to see Nucky eating a goddamn Chicken and Bacon Ranch sandwich while making side deals.

Other than that we really dug it.

P.S.: give Jimmy's kid an iPod
                            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Funny thing is, I can picture Rob actually railing at his TV over every one of those points, with Lesley just rolling her eyes:

"Alcohol banned? WTF? How come I don't see any 40's up in this? And I'll just BET we don't see ANY Juggalos during this whole thing! Right? Damn, get Violent J and Shaggy on this and you're guaranteed an Emmy. Also, Scorcese? Fuck that, I wants me some Michael Bay! Needs more explosions! OOOH! Maybe get Uwe Boll to do an episode!"

Comment

Actually thanks to Hocken's comments (which I know we took in a different way than he intended but still, it reads like he's saying I hate history) the show was hilarious. We kept joking around about how much history sucks and that this show would be way better if it wasn't set in 1920 but in 2020.
                                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Working...
                                X