Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THE MEN OF THE X VARIETY AND OTHER FOX BS (spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey U Guys is about a step below Weekly Reader, yet a step above Nikki Finke.
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      Originally posted by Martin
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• A friend of mine just called me at work. He saw an advance preview of First Class.

He and I shares very similar tastes....

He was floored. Mainly casue he expected it to suck harder than a 5$ hooker, but still, he said it's the best X movie by a long stretch.

Damn. Now I'M surprised.
        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Hmmm, that sounds like low expectations being exceeded - it would have to be pretty great to outstrip X2. Still, encouraging news. I'm still psyched as all get out for it.
          I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Yeah...I mean of the comic-book movies going into this summer, had a feeling First Class would be the best. But yeah, some of these reeks of incredibly low expectations being exceeded and the standard "getting to see it early!" reaction we often see.

But I'm optimistic.
            Originally posted by Ari
            The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post

He was floored. Mainly casue he expected it to suck harder than a 5$ hooker, but still, he said it's the best X movie by a long stretch.

This will need to be AMAZEBALLS to take the award of "Best X-Movie" from 'XXX: State of the Union'.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffington Headcheese View Post
                This will need to be AMAZEBALLS to take the award of "Best X-Movie" from 'XXX: State of the Union'.
                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I keep hearing it's shit.

It'll probably suck ass.

Save your monies, y'all, because this film is a mess.

Now that I've hopefully helped keep the expectations low and reminded you all that going in with little hope for success is how you should enter the octagon/theatre, I feel we should get back to what really matters: how much does Jennifer Lawrence deserve a butteating?
                  Last edited by Captain Russ; 05-25-2011, 02:23 PM. Reason: too many ises in my alphabet soup
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
                    how much does Jennifer Lawrence deserve a butteating?
                    I'd eat that butt like she eats squirrel. (wintersboneryall)

Comment

• I was almost certain this film was going to be a huge pile of fail based on the insanely fast shooting schedule that they were on, but I'm happy to report I was wrong. The film is damn good, and totally one of the better X-Men films.

Here's my thoughts:

I totally dug the fact that most of these characters are not as well known as others, like Cyclops or Storm. It was nice watching lesser known mutants get the spotlight here. This film is Xavier's and Magneto's story though, so don't expect to spend too much time with the new mutants. In fact, Beast & Mystique were really the ones with the most screen time (out of the students).

Kevin Bacon needs to act more.

Emma Frost's boobs.

At over two hours long, the film never ever drags and is constantly entertaining.

For some reason, characters who can teleport have been used remarkable well in the X-films.

The film ties in fantastically with the other X-films, even though I did notice a small continuity error or two.

And the highlight of the entire film, the reason why this movie is so damn good...Michael Fassbender. The man fucking owns the role of Magento. His performance is the equivalent of Jackman's performance of Wolverine in X-men as in he just completely nails the character. This man needs to be in more fucking movies.

Now the bad:

There is some cheesyness in the film, mostly between the younger mutants that can be kinda eye rolling.

The FX range from good to pure crap. The worst was a fairly large scene at the end, but it wasn't quite as bad as some of the eye-bleeding awfulness of Wolverine.

So that's my opinions. As for Sarah (my wife for those of you who think I'm the unirapist) she said, "Loved it, loved it, loved it. My favorite X-Men movie yet!"
                      Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                      John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• Please tell me we don't get bald McAvoy as the end.
                        Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                          Please tell me we don't get bald McAvoy as the end.
                          Haha! Fortunately, it seems Prof X's baldness is natural in the X-Men movie universe, so no bald Prof in this one.

Spoiler: Extremely minor spoilerish sentence 
                          There is a joke or two about it, though.

Comment

• Ari, didn't you say you didn't want to watch this movie? I think Corey and I were the only ones that were semi-interested. Also, I hate you.
                            The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

• I also love how everyone is getting high and almighty about a certain something being blown. This is the Internet. It's going to happen and they're acting like this is the first time it's ever happened especially when we see reviews/videos saying, "OH MY GAWWWWWD I DON'T WANNA SPOIL THE BIG SURPRISES!"

Guess what? By saying that, it isn't a "big surprise" by default by you stating that. Dumbasses.
                              Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• I had a feeling it was going to be Wolverine redux, but I was so very wrong.

Also, HA!*

* In response to Nerdious.

Comment

Working...
                                X