No announcement yet.

Random Shit Dealing With Comics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He's either a freak or he goes through reams of paper on the way to finished work.

If he is the former I'm going to lose my shit.

Also: love Conner and Cooke's Silk Spectres.

Jae Lee continues to be boring to the surprise of no one.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Terrific stuff. I'm on the fence over all of this Before Watchmen stuff, but that's some pretty sweet artwork.

Comment

• This is awesome.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Theodore Stabbington View Post

I wish they knew who did it. Also, Colleen Coover is awesome.
          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
            Terrific stuff. I'm on the fence over all of this Before Watchmen stuff, but that's some pretty sweet artwork.
            I just saw these for the 1st time on a foray to my loxcal comic shop (priorities dictate I rarely go amy more). Was gonna ask about them. On the one hand, I don't want to ruin my absolute adoration of Moore's masterwork with what will undoubtedly be sub par work.

But on the other hand, there's one about Rorschach.

Hurrrrm.
            ____
            {:ll:}
            I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• has anyone read them here yet?
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Theodore Stabbington View Post
                has anyone read them here yet?

I read the Minutemen one and the first issue of the Silk Spectre one.

They'd be far more successful, if they weren't tugging on the capes of giants.
                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• How badly would we all stain our shorts if Moore himself decided to write some pre-Watchmen canon? Never happen, tho. . .
                  I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• MarvelNOW! Launching this fall.

Uncanny Avengers by Rick Remender and John Cassaday
                    All-New X-Men by Brian Michael Bendis and Stuart Immonen
                    Avengers by Jonathan Hickman and Jerome Opeña

Called it.

Comment

• I'm not a really big fan of the flagship titles, but seeing Hickman's name attached to the Avengers makes my balls tingle.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                        I'm not a really big fan of the flagship titles, but seeing Hickman's name attached to the Avengers makes my balls tingle.

They're trying to do a revamp without doing a revamp. It still is better than what DC did, however they tipped their hand a little too hard to how A vs. X is going to end.

All to get a story in Entertainment Weekly.

Comment

• Soft reboots make me go soft. But hey, gotta get press some way for the smaller pool.

BOO

*throws Steel Reserve can at screen*
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Hickman's Avengers roster.
                            (that has leaked so far) - Characters will be shared initially with Remender's book

Captain America
                            Wolverine
                            Hulk
                            Invisible Woman
                            Rocket Raccoon
                            Spider-Man
                            Nova

Comment

• All-New X-Men is a time-travel book.

For reasons yet to be seen (AvX finale), the original X-Men Team (Cyclops, Jean Grey, Beast, Iceman, Angel) are now stuck in the present. They see the current Marvel Universe and freak out. So, they want to try and fix it.

Comment

• And they're rounding out their cross-promotional work in throwing Nova and Rocket Raccoon in.

Nice (though I am seriously happy to see them, even if it isn't Rich Ryder Nova).
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X