Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghost Protocol is pretty damn good. Super annoyed I didn't get to check it out on IMAX. The opening prison break scene was a total ripoff of Hudson Hawk. Sad that Josh Holloway didn't do more, he was awesome on Lost and there's no reason he shouldn't be getting more work.

Comment

• Yup. The Dubai scene was also outstanding.
      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Liked Ghost Protocol as well but I still prefer the first one if only because Ethan Hunt wasn't a fucking superhero yet.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• But now he has a team. My main beef with MI1 is that it's the Ethan Hunt Show aka wannabee James Bond. The whole Mission Impossible concept is having an entire team doing the jobs, unlike the pussy-pounding martini-drinking Bond.

Comment

• Which is fine, but he's like fucking Superman in this movie. As much as I dig the interactions with Pegg and Rennar, I still prefer my spy movies to be a bit more believable in regards to the characters. I can get behind ridiculous gadgets much more than I can get behind him climbing up the skyscraper one handed and then smacking the beam hard as fuck yet not being phased at all.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• And he totes had a team in the first one. Reno, Rhames, and that hot french chick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Theodore Stabbington View Post
                Which is fine, but he's like fucking Superman in this movie. As much as I dig the interactions with Pegg and Rennar, I still prefer my spy movies to be a bit more believable in regards to the characters. I can get behind ridiculous gadgets much more than I can get behind him climbing up the skyscraper one handed and then smacking the beam hard as fuck yet not being phased at all.
                Just once I'd actually like to see the main character splattered by the car in the "HOLY SHIT THAT CAR JUST TOTALLY MISSED ME BY AN INCH AS IT FLEW THROUGH THE AIR!!!!" scene that's in every action flick now. Would be a total mind fuck.
                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I really don't know why I don't like that first one so much. I really have to rewatch it.

Still ,no movie will ever as shitty and boring as The Saint. That one was a crime upon my eyes.

Comment

• The Saint was FUCKING GREAT.

Comment

• The Saint is awesome. And has Shue. BOOOOOING.

Comment

• And has a killer soundtrack. And has Shue in her UNDERWEAR.

Comment

• Shue was my first celebrity crush. If I ran into her when she was like 75 and wrinkly I would still rail with impunity just to say I did. My Adventures in Babysitting self with high five old me so hard.

Comment

• You guys are insane.

The Saint is that retarded kid in school who thinks he's a spy even though he's just dressing up with a hat and a fork for a weapon. It's so boring, I mean, you want eurotrash villains? Look at XXX. At least those were fun to watch.

Comment

• Only good thing about XXX was we received the phrase "BITCHES! COME!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Theodore Stabbington View Post
                                Liked Ghost Protocol as well but I still prefer the first one if only because Ethan Hunt wasn't a fucking superhero yet.
                                You're kidding, right? You seem to forget he ran faster than an exploding fucking aquarium, hung by a wire harness like some Cirque de Soleil gymnast to steal some secret files in the most Batman-like room in all of Langley, and blew up a helicopter with a stick of semtex-flavored gum only to survive by jumping BACK ON to a bullet train that he had jumped off of to blow Leon and Jon Voight's ballsack up in the first place.

He has always been Superman.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X