Almost Human

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost Human

Pilot premiered last night, it replays tonight apparently with the second episode as well.

I dug it. The production values are REALLY good. It's still TV level, but the CGI looks good, and all the art direction is really cool. It blatantly rips off Blade Runner at every opportunity, but it works. Being only 30 years in the future is duuuuuuumb though. Way too much crazy for it to only be 2030.

Urban is doing his best grimdarkpastdetective face shit, and I hope that it loosens up some in upcoming episodes. The guy playing his partner is really interesting in the ways he tries to seem human.

That said, calling your fucking big bad "The Syndicate" should get you fucking fired from your gig as show runner or script writer. Goddamn lazy and awful.

I really fucking enjoyed the first episode. Urban is the man and it's nice seeing Lily Taylor in something.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Fucking loved the second episode? FUCKBOTS? YES PLEASE.

Urban is great and I'm really liking his back and forth with his partner.

"Your testicles are full."

"Don't ever scan my testicles again...."
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Yeah, kind of like this one a great deal already.
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Why the fuck don't they dig pits/moats at the prison? Big, deep ones that will act as giant fire pits. Go find a backhoe somewhere. Bring it back on a trailer or something to save gas and dig. They seem pretty effective. Let gravity do the work. The whole reinforcing the fences thing is stupid. And for the bridge/entrance, build one of those cattle deterring grates that you drive over in the country. Then rig that up to where you can light it up and "clean the grill", as it is, every time it gets cluttered up with walkers willing to attempt to cross it.

I know shits about to go down now, but after the war.

Comment

wrong thread brosef.

Comment

i fail.

Comment

Hey, this show is pretty entertaining. DREDD and Robocop have decent chemistry and it just looks really cool. It feels like it kind of borrows some of the tech stuff from Fringe but I'm okay with that. Why didn't anyone tell me Minka Kelly plays a sexy intel analyst?

Comment

That's not Robocop. It's the dick head from the good Office.

Comment

No, I mean the robot guy whose name I forgot when I wrote that- Dorian.

And I thought that was Gareth but wasn't entirely sure. Dude looks like he's aged a million years.

Comment

it's rough when he looked better in the Pirates movies haha.

Comment

man, last week's episode with the medium chick that looked like a future version of Kimmy Gibler was the goods.

I really want her to be in more episodes at some point. She was fantastic.

Also, I really enjoyed the bit between Dredd and Robocop in regards to his giant robot penis.

Comment

"ALL OF THAT FOR ONE??" LULZ
                          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

yeah, I'm still really enjoying this show. Hoping it gets picked up for a second season.

Comment

Same. It's really fun.

Comment

Working...
                              X