No announcement yet.

HIMYM Season whatever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Better be. Better not be Zoe, but they really are kinda pushing that.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
      The Captain is fucking amazing. That is all.
      Damn straight. All glory to the Maclachlan!

As for Zoe, I'm pretty sure she isn't the mom - if we want to be creative, she could've been the roomie, maybe if she had a tiff with the Captain that would lead to a brief separation or something, but that's a stretch.

Zoe's going to be the next Victoria or Stella.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
        Damn straight. All glory to the Maclachlan!
        Did I notice a little Dune homage when they first showed The Captain on his boat?
        "DO. DO lots of cocaine. DO."
        - Relationship Guru Matt.

Check out my music, if you please:
        http://soundcloud.com/musicisgreen
        http://cmillermusic.tumblr.com/

Comment

Great episode last night - loved the countdown, but the payoff was way out of left field. Although, there was a slight hint something was coming earlier, now that I think of it.

Next week will be quite interesting, although I'm guessing there'll be less of the funny.

ETA: Time article on last night's episode (WARNING: Here be spoilers!)
          Last edited by Timothy225; 01-04-2011, 07:02 AM.

Comment

That episode was a fucking bummer. Although Dr. Strengle was great.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Agreed on Dr. Strengle: NPH just keeps knocking his role out of the park. Also loved the Robin montage of embarrassment.

But, man, that ending... bummer, bummer, bummer. Next week's episode is going to be maudlin as fuck, and it'll be rough to throw humor into the situation.

Comment

We better see that owl video by the end of the season.

Comment

Almost forgot that! Damn straight - I want to see that vid as well, if it ever gets mentioned again.

Comment

Now I want to rewatch this episode - I didn't even notice the numbers, except for when Barney was holding the file at the Dr. office.
                    If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

I caught the "48" on the ketchup bottle, then noticed the "36" on Marshall's Dad's beer, then saw the "35, 34, 33, 32" countdown in the newsroom, at which point I went "AHA! A countdown!"

'Course, when they got to 01... oofah.

Comment

Totally cried at the end.
                        We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                        - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Segal has some chops. His "I'm not ready for this..." was heart breaking.

Comment

Many of the reviews I saw singled both Segal and Hannigan as really nailing that moment, and Segal's final line is such an emotional gutpunch... man, the lump in my throat I had. Of course, now I'm anxious to see the next episode ASAP.

Comment

Man, when Barney looks like he's gonna cry it gets to me. Decent way to wrap up that plot. The stuff with "Crocodile Dundee 3" was perfect. Also, props to Ray Wise for showing up when the original actor bailed.

Comment

"If I don't come back, I want my last words to you guys to be this:I really love you guys. Now I'm going to go take a deuce."
                                "DO. DO lots of cocaine. DO."
                                - Relationship Guru Matt.

Check out my music, if you please:
                                http://soundcloud.com/musicisgreen
                                http://cmillermusic.tumblr.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X