No announcement yet.

Loki, WandaVision, and the rest of Marvel on TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The stuff with Gunner and the woods in Episode 5 was legit. Totally dig this show much more than any of the other ones so far.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• The more they stick to the main line with the pairing of Frank and Micro, the more obvious the padding becomes with the side characters.

Like they follow up that whole forest takedown sequence with a sex scene involving Special Agent Shiva Komini domming the fuck out of Billy Russo.

YOU WERE ON A GOOD TRACK, YOU DORKS
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• yeah, that was lulzworthy.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Never thought I'd see the fucking day.

The Punisher is drinking rosé.

What the hell is this shit?
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Runaways is legit pretty awesome so far. Surprised at how close they are following the books so far. I dig the chick playing Nico and Gert is spot fucking on.

Comment

• The Punisher is a big misfire in most ways.

Spoiler: A warning before complaints become unavoidable. 
              Joey Bernthal really shows the upper limit of his acting ability in this. By the end, I was done with his "stare off to the side to signal I am leading into a touching or conflicted conversation with somebody." There should be a "Stallone grunt count" when he tries to act hard and does his guttural yell thing.

The PTSD soldier storyline had very little to show for all of the time devoted to its development. A lot of scenes of extremely cliched or downright cringe-inducing dialogue and commentary on the cost of war. This was handled so poorly it really turned me off from the majority of the show.

Speaking of poorly handled, the entire conspiracy angle to Frank's origin. The entire "being in the wrong place at the wrong time/could happen to anybody" aspect of his character, the extremely relatable fear of anybody may be a victim of random acts of violence, is gone. It's replaced by unbelievably dumb "Frank hit me so I'm going to hit him back" bullshit.

The complexity of siding with his cause is lessened, the pull to understand why somebody would flip a switch like that and do such horrible things is about as enthralling as that stupid soldier kid with the giant chin turning into a sobbing, confused mess with a dead man's trigger.

What's worse is they tack on a bunch of bureaucratic dickswinging and inter-agency politics with a cast of literal-whos being swept up in a bunch of literally-who-cares action to try and be anything but a Punisher show. This is the majority of the show and it is absolutely uninteresting trite soap opera drama.

I don't think I've ever been so crestfallen as when Madani survived and the CIA magically waved a fucking wand and made Frank disappear. SHIT WRITING. SHIT SHOW.

The end fight with Jigsaw was too little too late.

What a waste. At least it has company in that regard with the majority of the other Netflix Marvel shows.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Ending fell flat as fuck for me. I didn't mind ALL of the stuff you pointed out Russ but quite a bit I did though.
                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Also "I was never into hip hop, but Wu-Tang, that's that next level shit." fucking what? Really Frank? Like who the fuck thought that was a good line?
                  "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Commentary about hipsters, manbuns, and guitar make me think the writers see Frank as being right at home in a park playing some awful Ben Harper covers and trying to bang as many Micro Wives as possible.

He isn't the Punisher.

He is the Cucknisher.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I kind of feel like season 2 he better be killing barista's for putting Franz on his coffee cup to make up for that shit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                        Runaways is legit pretty awesome so far. Surprised at how close they are following the books so far. I dig the chick playing Nico and Gert is spot fucking on.
                        4 episodes in so far and this is one of the better Marvel shows. I wish I could binge this.

Comment

• The Punisher correctly namechecks where the HSI training facility is located! Shout out to Brunswick! What a shithole.
                          Last edited by gravedigger; 11-29-2017, 08:59 PM.

Comment

• almost done with The Punisher and even with the ridiculous sex scenes that are nothing but gratuitous and that somewhat cringy Wu-Tang line (although, in context it's not bad), I dig the fuck outta it. Best Marvel show so far that isn't called Runaways.

Comment

• Hahaha
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• laugh all you want man, but this shit hits all the right buttons for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X