Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you know that Joss Whedon hates women? RAPIST!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you know that Joss Whedon hates women? RAPIST!

http://users.livejournal.com/_allecto_/34718.html

From the article:
    The first scene opens in a war with Mal and Zoe. Zoe runs around calling Mal ?sir? and taking orders off him. I roll my eyes. Not a good start.

The next scene is set in the present. Mal, Jayne, and Zoe are floating about in space. They come into some danger. Mal gets all panicky.

Zoe says, ?This ship's been derelict for months. Why would they ??

Mal replies, (in Chinese) ?Shut up.?

So in the very second scene of the very first episode, an episode written and directed by the great feminist Joss, a white man tells a black woman to ?shut up? for no apparent reason. And she does shut up. And she continues to call him sir. And takes his orders, even when they are dumb orders, for the rest of the series
    more lunacy:
    So, Joss Whedon refers to rapist/fuckers who buy women as sex, as ?eager, inexperienced but pleasingly shaped? who ?make love? to women in prostitution. Obviously, ?love? to men like Joss Whedon, requires female powerlessness, force and coercion. Women in prostitution enjoy the experience of being bought for sex. They feel ?motherly? towards the men who have just treated them as property and bought them as sex.

In Joss Whedon?s future world prostituted women are powerful and respectable. They go to an Academy, to train in the arts of being a ?Companion?. They belong to a Guild which regulates prostitution, forces women to endure yearly health tests and comes up with rules to make prostitution sound empowering for women. For example, one Guild rule is that the ?Companion? chooses her rapist, not the other way around.
    And if that's not enough:

Aside from women being fuck toys, property and punching bags for the men, the women have very little importance in the series. I counted the amount of times women talk in the episode Serenity compared to the amount of times men talk. The result was unsurprising. Men: 458 Women: 175. So throughout the first episode men talk more than two and a half times as much as women do. And women talk mainly in questions whereas men talk in statements. Basically, this means that men direct the action and are active participants whereas women are merely observers and facilitators.
    Awesome. Just awesome.

"Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Re: Did you know that Joss Whedon hates women? RAPIST!

I fail to see what there is to complain about in the above post.
    Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
    John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Working...
    X