Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Documentaries: The epic thread of interesting ones!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just read a synopsis of Waco: Rules of Engagement - anyone seen it? Sounds pretty awesome.
    I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• I haven't seen the doc, but from living through the Waco stand off and getting to see it all go down live on TV (perfect day to be home from school sick) I would recommend checking it out.

Comment

• Got to once again state that Cocaine Cowboys is awesome. But do not watch the sequel.
        "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by ben thomas View Post
          Just read a synopsis of Waco: Rules of Engagement - anyone seen it? Sounds pretty awesome.
          In my list of favorite docs. See it.

Comment

• 2 suggestions for you, especially if you're into metal:

'Metal: A Headbanger's Journey'
            'Global Metal' (the sequel).

MaHJ covers the metal scene from an anthropologist's point of view, examining its roots and how it's evolved over the years. The concentration is on the US and Europe. GM examines how metal has expanded into other territories: South America, China, Japan, Israel, and the Middle East in general.

They are very well done and entertaining, even if you're not a metal fan. They get alot of major bands to provide some really interesting interviews, and they get a ton of interesting worldwide fans to provide a perspective on things.

Highly recommended.
            Originally posted by Martin
            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
            Originally posted by gravedigger
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I just saw Collapse today. Fucking hell.

I don't know what I feel about Ruppert as a man, but as a subject he's fascinating and he sure has some balls. I also find it very hard to argue with one single thing he says in this film.

It could possibly send you into a spiral of depression, but it might also be one of the most important films you ever watch.
              Last edited by Ben Thomas; 03-09-2010, 11:24 AM.
              I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Watched most of Commune this weekend. Bunch of goddamn hippies didn't want to work for the man, bought some land and then had a lot of in fighting with other hippies. Bonus? PETER COYOTE is in it and was one of the original hippies.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by ben thomas View Post
                  I just saw Collapse today. Fucking hell.

I don't know what I feel about Ruppert as a man, but as a subject he's fascinating and he sure has some balls. I also find it very hard to argue with one single thing he says in this film.

It could possibly send you into a spiral of depression, but it might also be one of the most important films you ever watch.
                  Did you see this in the theater or on DVD, Ben? I'm curious about the theatrical experience on this...I'd have to think that the theater would be very quiet and somber during the entire runtime.

In short: do we need to start stocking up on canned goods and shotgun shells?
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                    You're not already!?

Comment

• Not everyone has the Texas mentality, Billy.
                      The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

• It's not a Texas mentality! It's the AMURRKICAN mentality. DEATH PANELS! COMMUNIST MUSLIM PRESIDENT! GOD WRITING ON HIS PALM! Ready yourself for war!

Seriously, I'm preparing for when those psychos go overboard and I have to go on a republican killing spree. I've decided my biography will be called "Leftist Policy - WITH A BULLET" and the movie will star Dolph as me, but wearing the He-Man costume.

Comment

• I'd pay cashy money to see that!

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                            It's not a Texas mentality! It's the AMURRKICAN mentality. DEATH PANELS! COMMUNIST MUSLIM PRESIDENT! GOD WRITING ON HIS PALM! Ready yourself for war!

Seriously, I'm preparing for when those psychos go overboard and I have to go on a republican killing spree. I've decided my biography will be called "Leftist Policy - WITH A BULLET" and the movie will star Dolph as me, but wearing the He-Man costume.
                            Well, just strap on a red beard onto Dolph. That's how we'll know.

Shit, get Brian Benben to play me and we got ourselves a goddamn reunion!
                            "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                              Did you see this in the theater or on DVD, Ben? I'm curious about the theatrical experience on this...I'd have to think that the theater would be very quiet and somber during the entire runtime.
                              Saw it at home, a screener. Couldn't even pause it. Its lean (80 minutes), but jam packed with info.

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                              Ruppert discusses this very concept. Apparently, its too late. Start growing vegetables - tins of beans will not help. And HELL YES on the buying guns front. Fuck, its depressing.

Comment

• Just gonna echo everything that Ben said about 'Collapse'. It's fantastically TERRIFYING and a must see. WOW.

He may be a crackpot, but it's hard to deny the fact that he predicted all of this shit with virtually 100% accuracy.

Comment

Working...
                                X