Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I STAND BY MY OPINION.

Now where's my copy of Tranformers vs. Golden Girls?
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abe Smashington View Post
      Why? Honestly curious here.

Is is the sound design? Do you place yourself in Jack's shoes? I didn't find anything in this movie to be horrific at all except for the naked woman scene and even that was just more unsettling than horrific.
      Childhood trauma and the horror of the cycle being repeated.

But that's for a anal-rapist couch, not a thread discussion. Some things just have a way of getting under your skin that don't trigger the same reactions in others.

Also, subtext.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• None of which did anything for me. IT's cool. I'm making up for it right now with explosions and 3D and ZOOMWHIPPANS.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Should have taken the 3D and some whippets instead.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Saw a little bit of Blair Witch 2: Book of Shadows this morning, and was instantly reminded why I haven't watched that flick since it came out on video years back (with this ESREVER gimmick - they manipulated some scenes in the flick so as to put in a hidden message). This flick was a terrible follow-up to the somewhat scary original. It falls right into the "Hey, let's go check out the spot where folks were mysteriously killed or disappeared some time back! Won't that be fun?" school of horror, with characters I actively rooted for to be killed.

There was talk of a third Blair Witch flick being made, and I pray this never happens.

Comment

• Jesus I forgot the esrever shit. Tim, why do you hurt me?

Comment

• The goth chick and the Wicca chick made that flick worth watching.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post

There was talk of a third Blair Witch flick being made, and I pray this never happens.
                  I can´t pathom for a second that Hollywood won´t - or has not already - snatched up that "Brand-Name" to feed the remake beast.

But this time with shakey cam. In THREE-DEEEE!

Comment

• The original directors were actually working on a third for a while, but that was years ago.

Comment

• Yeah, the girls in that flick were smashable. The acting, however... yeesh. I also dug on how expositional Wicca girl was about her faith, too. I know a few Wiccans, and I've never heard 'em run off at the mouth like she did.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                        Her performance is fine...shrill perhaps...and it works perfectly against Jack.
                        Originally posted by Matt View Post
                        I enjoy watching Jack's insanity build and figuring out what's in his head vs what's physically real. The imagery is fantastic and unsettling. It's not a particularly scary film, but it's unsettling....
                        Spot on to my mind, mate. I wouldn't watch it for the same reasons I would a more visceral horror movie, but its atmosphere and technical mastery is not to be sniffed at. Also, the making of is, indeed, the nuts.
                        "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Children of Men

Ok, I get it now. I've always admired the film, but yes, it is a modern masterpiece. Its a film that is going to age incredibly well and grow in stature as it ages. What struck me this time was how out there premise actually is - not only is it pure pulpy sci-fi on the one hand, its a blatant Jesus allegory on the other. But the reason those things don't stick out or detract is because of how well the simple hook explores its themes and how well-grounded the world and the approach to that world are. I won't go over the way its shot cos that's surely been done to death - I will say, the bike attack is still an incredibly tense set-piece thanks to the way its shot - but it feels as though the reality of this future was very well researched. From little things like Clive Owen wearing a London 2012 Olympics sweater, or Micheal Caine accurately predicting 2008's flu pandemic to the way technology is integrated into the world and the evolution of society under extraordinary circumstances, it doesn't ever insult you. It convinces you, all the way and manages to resonate emotionally as well. A brilliant film, in all departments.
                          I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                            Children of Men

Ok, I get it now.
                            geez what took you so long?

Comment

• Children of Men is fucking amazeballs.

Comment

• Like I say, I always liked it and I even double dipped when the special edition came out. I just didn't think it was as good as some have made out before.

I hereby repent.
                                I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

Working...
                                X