No announcement yet.

Inglorious Basterds SPOILERS INSIDE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The music was inspired as well. When Bowie kicked in, that was the greatness. Man, I want to watch this on blu, like right now.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

This was less a movie and more a revolutionary act, a grenade against the Transformers and Zac Efron vehicles of the world. Loved it so, so, so much. I think it was around the time I realized Pitt was half-channelling John Wayne with that accent -- and nailing it -- I was like "This is the best thing I have ever seen in my life."

And I fucking love that at least 60 percent of the movie was subtitled. What a commitment.

"Nah, I'll probably get chewed out. I've been chewed out before."
      Last edited by BudLeonard; 08-23-2009, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BudLeonard View Post
        This was less a movie and more a revolutionary act, a grenade against the Transformers and Zac Efron vehicles of the world. Loved it so, so, so much. I think it was around the time I realized Pitt was half-channelling John Wayne with that accent -- and nailing it -- I was like "This is the best thing I have ever seen in my life."

And I fucking love that at least 60 percent of the movie was subtitled. What a commitment.

"Nah, I'll probably get chewed out. I've been chewed out before."
        Fuck the fuck yeah.
        "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
        *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

This has actually been a great year for media with the theme "Jews kick ass." One fantastic thriller novel (Beat the Reaper, which I guess you could describe as part Crank, part ER, and part mob story), one light but fun detective novel called "Boca Knights" (about a retired Boston cop who moves to Boca Raton, has a lot of sex, and fights meth dealers and neo-Nazis), and this. As someone who is continuinly distressed by the e-mails I get from the SPLC about the rise of hate groups and hate crime in 'Merica, I can fully get behind this trend.

Although I did like, as others have pointed out, the hit-like-a-truck-of-bricks realization during the final sequence that you were basically watching Jews herd Nazis into a small building and burn them alive. There's one shot of the Reich command crawling over each other and falling atop one another that is very reminiscint of Holocaust war footage that I found haunting.

THE ONE THING I DID NOT GET PLZ HELP:

In the bar sequence, after Archie has been found out and has the Luger pointed at his nuts, the SS officer says "You're as German as this scotch." Archie says "that makes two of us." Is that in reference to his gun, or something else? I guess because the real German goes to English with his dialogue after that I got a bit confused.
          Last edited by BudLeonard; 08-23-2009, 10:20 AM.

Comment

In the bar sequence, after Archie has been found out and has the Luger pointed at his nuts, the SS officer says "You're as German as this scotch." Archie says "that makes two of us." Is that in reference to his gun, or something else? I guess because the real German goes to English with his dialogue after that I got a bit confused.
            I got mixed up with that too. I know that Archie was busted because of his hand gesture, but I didn't get that retort.
            "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~

Comment

There's one shot of the Reich command crawling over each other and falling atop one another that is very reminiscint of Holocaust war footage that I found haunting.
              Most footage I've seen documented the work camps and that was hard enough to watch.

Thankfully, my point of reference went straight to flashing back to the rats getting barbecued in the knight's tomb in Last Crusade.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

Also, just added Beat The Reaper and Boca Knights to my library holds list. Thanks!

~

Comment

Originally posted by Jake View Post
                  I got mixed up with that too. I know that Archie was busted because of his hand gesture, but I didn't get that retort.
                  I think he was making an implication toward the SS officer being closer to an Englishman than to a German, as he spoke their language and indulged in their drink.

It's thin, but it's all I got going as far as an explanation.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

Originally posted by Jake View Post
                    Also, just added Beat The Reaper and Boca Knights to my library holds list. Thanks!
                    Like I said, Boca Knights is fun but light (I breezed through it in an afternoon), but Beat the Reaper is just a bat-out-of-hell ride from start to finish. It's also surprisingly serious and informative at times. You learn a lot about medical interns and medicine. (The guy who wrote it is a doctor.)

Comment

Originally posted by Russ View Post
                      I think he was making an implication toward the SS officer being closer to an Englishman than to a German, as he spoke their language and indulged in their drink.

It's thin, but it's all I got going as far as an explanation.

That's kind of what I picked up on. I did pick up on the 3 finger mistake though. Sometimes it pays to be German. It was also neat to understand like every 3rd word haha.
                      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Til Schweiger stabbing the guy in the face through the pillow is the wallpaper in my mind's eye.
                        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

That was great. Also, the fist in the mouth.

~

Comment

Fist in the mouth was classic.

I loved the excessive Hitler shooting. The way his face began tearing apart was priceless.
                            Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                            John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Originally posted by Ari View Post
                              Fist in the mouth was classic.

I loved the excessive Hitler shooting. The way his face began tearing apart was priceless.
                              Hitler getting unloaded on, ED209 style, got a HUGE reaction in my theater: a combination FUCK YEAH/LAUGHTER/APPLAUSE that I've never seen happen before. It was great.
                              Originally posted by Martin
                              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                              Originally posted by gravedigger
                              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                              Originally posted by Martin
                              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

So jealous right now. Damnit! Why can't I ever get a baby-sitter? WHY!! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!
                                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Working...
                                X