Who's the Boss?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's the Boss?

So for discussion purposes let's say you have to pick one to be the best...the "Big 4" in my opinion are: Scorcese, Spielberg, F.F. Coppola, and Lucas. Sure Lucas hasn't done as much as the others but Star Wars is one of the biggest pop culture items in history. Who's the best? Who's your favorite? Why? Examples? Your favorite movies of theirs...

With that said I want to add my little disclaimer here...I know I left out Uwe Boll, Romero, Carpenter, Gilliam, Bay, Mann and all the other stars. But I want to talk about these guys.

My pick is Scorsese, I love everything he does, maybe I'm just a robot. But he has yet to let me down. I know most people don't care for crime films so much but Goodfellas is one of my favorite movies ever. Cape Fear is fucking terrifying (a really good remake). Aviator is awesome, Departed one of the better flicks to come out in a long time...so on and so forth...so who do you like??????
    Martin Scorsese
    40.00%
    Steven Spielberg
    60.00%
    Francis Ford Coppola
    0.00%
    George Lucas
    0.00%
    Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

I had to go with Spielberg. He created some of the most iconic movies of all time: Jaws, Close Encounters, E.T., Indy, Jurassic Park, AI, Saving Private Ryan...etc.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

But I am annoyed Fincher wasn't up there. tsk tsk.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

I had to agree with the B. Speilberg has been uneven lately. Just wish Scorsesecsefefe would lay off using the Stones in his movies. It is waaaaayyyyyyyy played out.
        Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
        Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
        POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

I like that...I though I hated Spielberg until I realized how many of his movies I owned. He put out hit after hit after hit. Dude is a fucking genius. I met him once at work, gave him a ride on a golfcart, I assume what I felt was what girls feel the first time they are going to get fingerbanged. I was so nervous yet so fucking excited.

Saving Private Ryan is one of my favorite movies and Schindler's List is so real/sad and beautiful all at the same time.

Comment

That is true, but Spielberg for the win still. Scorese is definitely a better director for the most part, but there was a time when Spielberg ruled all. And I still prefer alot of Spielberg's movies to Scorsese.

Comment

Sympathy for the Devil is getting ridiculous...but it makes for a good trailer.

Comment

Spielberg's greatest asset is his adaptability. He is always changing with the times and is always innovating the way things are done.

Comment

Señor Spielbergo

Comment

Spielberg can tell a story exceedingly well. Gets you to feel genuine emotions throughout. Usually.

Comment

Am I alone in thinking COppola might be overrated or a on-trick-pony? Admittedly, Godfather I, II, and Apocalypse Now are top 10 movies that I find amazing, but what else did he do that was as important or moving?

Comment

I sound like such an asshole. Oh well. Discuss!

Comment

Wine. Lots and lots of wine.

Comment

Exactly...for the most part you're right. Coppola really hasn't done anything too spectacular but there are fans out there that think the Godfather is the best shit since sliced bread. I know I'm going to piss people off but the Godfather is overrated, I like it but whatever...I'd rather spend 3 hours doing something else. Fuck the third installment, the first two are great films but not that exciting to me.

His defining work to me would be Captain EO...3D bitches at Disneyland starring Michael Jackson.

Comment

Plus he produced THX1138, one of Lucas's best films.

Comment

Working...
                              X