Bioshock 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bioshock 2

I know Rob hates it, but I'm interested. Less than a month away from its release.
    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

I'll have to see what the reviews say. But I honestly don't get why everyone fellates the first one so much. Yes the atmosphere was cool, yes it looked nice, but the actual game play was pretty stale IMO.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

I like turtles.
      Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
      John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

I can understand the over praise. But I enjoyed the hell out of the atmosphere and art deco infused sci-fi. I was having chills when playing the game. And they were in fact multiplying.

Plus using the flame thrower with electric gel made me feel like a Ghostbuster.

Comment

I dug the first one as well, although I never finished it.
          Originally posted by Martin
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Oh come on. It's not even that difficult.

Comment

I guess my problem was that you had all of these cool powers and shit but when it came down to it using the electrified shotgun was the easiest way to go through the game. I shouldn't have to make the game harder just to use my fire or ice power.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Originally posted by EdHocken View Post
                Oh come on. It's not even that difficult.
                No but it got fucking repetitive as shit near the end.

Comment

You could just play the game just using that power. Personally, I'd rather have you make that choice than have the game be ball-shatteringly difficult.

Still, that Sander Cohen stage was some heavy shit. The story was really good at that point.
                  Last edited by Ed Hocken; 01-13-2010, 08:44 AM.

Comment

I didn't finish it because I kept getting motion sick. I've mentioned this before, but 1st person games tend to do this to me. I really tried with 'Bioshock', but I just couldn't do it.
                    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                    Originally posted by gravedigger
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

That happens to me too. But if you go about things slowly you shouldn't have any trouble.

Also, I loved the predator cloaking plasmid. That was a great power.

As for the new game, not crazy about the multiplayer. It's been done, a lot.
                      Last edited by Ed Hocken; 01-13-2010, 09:10 AM.

Comment

I'll rent it, just like the first one.
                        Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                        Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                        POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

I never played the first. I was skeptical of all the praise it got.
                          "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

Giant Bomb talked about the big collective "meh" they have for Bioshock 2, and it was pretty refreshing hearing any media outlet not completely suck off the game. I did not understand the love for the first at all. It was a beautiful game, with a great narrative and art direction, but as a shooter it was pretty mediocre. And regardless of the plasmids and all that shit, the game was a shooter first and foremost.

Comment

YES. THANK YOU. I got so much shit for my lack of praise for the first one.

Comment

Working...
                              X