No announcement yet.

Avengers Assemble!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That or Thor's shooting a shampoo commercial.
    Originally posted by Ari
    The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• At the risk of getting severely flamed, I am not excited for this film at all. Never been a fan of the comic (although West Coast and Great Lakes avengers were amusing), never liked half of the characters on their own. Give me a Defenders movie and I would be a happy man, but this? Boring as fuck!
      <sigh> FACEBOOK - MY WEBSITE

Comment

• I'm only excited for the new hulk.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Well, you're getting the Hulk in this, and he's been a member of both teams. So you got that going for you. Which is nice.

Comment

• I understand why they went with the Black Widow but I kind wish the Wasp was making her debut onscreen instead.
            We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
            - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Originally posted by Howard View Post
              I understand why they went with the Black Widow but I kind wish the Wasp was making her debut onscreen instead.
              The only way Wasp is interesting is if they also have Hank Pym as the abusive husband. Elsewise she is one notch of less boring above Black Widow (who was only really interesting as a villain in Ultimate Avengers vol 2... ok shit that sounded waaaaay too comic-book nerdy)

Comment

• I don't know, I loved the dynamic of Hank and Wasp in the Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoon.

I think I just regained my virginity.
                "DO. DO lots of cocaine. DO."
                - Relationship Guru Matt.

Check out my music, if you please:
                http://soundcloud.com/musicisgreen
                http://cmillermusic.tumblr.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                  The only way Wasp is interesting is if they also have Hank Pym as the abusive husband. Elsewise she is one notch of less boring above Black Widow (who was only really interesting as a villain in Ultimate Avengers vol 2... ok shit that sounded waaaaay too comic-book nerdy)

Not so. A lot of the Wasp qualities got transferred to Maria Hill under Bendis's watch. While most writers want to portray her as a fashionista airhead, she was the second longest serving Avengers leader only after Captain America.

Then, there's Pym. I'm really glad that Marvel has gone out of their way to redefine the character after Shooter's one-time story seemed to doom him for a 20 year stretch. Now, he's the Scientist Supreme and serves as a logical counterpoint to Dr. Strange.

Plus, there's the whole historical aspect of Wasp evolving from the early 60s on. She's not a dummy, hell she's damn near PHD level material. Yet, she's almost always shown as some man-chasing woman. This could've been Marvel's chance to fix it. In earlier drafts, she was there and Maria Hill wasn't. But, from a marketing standpoint...it doesn't make sense to make a movie with a dead character in it.
                  My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Also, I'm trying to get a confirm on whether Jenny Agutter is playing the Skrull Empress or the Contessa from SHIELD.
                    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• Background info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valenti...ra_de_Fontaine

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veranke

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                        Not so. A lot of the Wasp qualities got transferred to Maria Hill under Bendis's watch. While most writers want to portray her as a fashionista airhead, she was the second longest serving Avengers leader only after Captain America.

Then, there's Pym. I'm really glad that Marvel has gone out of their way to redefine the character after Shooter's one-time story seemed to doom him for a 20 year stretch. Now, he's the Scientist Supreme and serves as a logical counterpoint to Dr. Strange.

Plus, there's the whole historical aspect of Wasp evolving from the early 60s on. She's not a dummy, hell she's damn near PHD level material. Yet, she's almost always shown as some man-chasing woman. This could've been Marvel's chance to fix it. In earlier drafts, she was there and Maria Hill wasn't. But, from a marketing standpoint...it doesn't make sense to make a movie with a dead character in it.
                        Still boring as sin. Is there potential for a smart female character with unique abilities like Wasp's? Yes. Have they ever done anything remotely interesting with her? Not yet.

Pim as a depressed loser on the Ultimate version of Defenders was super entertaining, but there is no way they could set that up in a single film. He's got to fall from grace first. The fact that he invents Ultron in Ultimates would be a SUPER interesting story to do in terms of an Avenger movie, lots of potential there.

ALSO, WHERE THE FUCK IS VISION IN ALL OF THIS? My favourite of all of the Avenger characters (other than Hollywood-asshole Wonder Man from West Coast).

Comment

Still boring as sin. Is there potential for a smart female character with unique abilities like Wasp's? Yes. Have they ever done anything remotely interesting with her? Not yet.

Pim as a depressed loser on the Ultimate version of Defenders was super entertaining, but there is no way they could set that up in a single film. He's got to fall from grace first. The fact that he invents Ultron in Ultimates would be a SUPER interesting story to do in terms of an Avenger movie, lots of potential there.

ALSO, WHERE THE FUCK IS VISION IN ALL OF THIS? My favourite of all of the Avenger characters (other than Hollywood-asshole Wonder Man from West Coast).

It's not boring AT ALL. Pym's seen as a piece of shit by most of the superhero community. He struggles to find ways to get past it, but he only ends up pissing off more people. So, he reprograms Jocasta (robot replica of Wasp) to serve as an AI version of her. Jocasta grows to hate Pym for what he did and states that if he so much as touches her, she'll rips his arms off.

But, the kicker to all of this is that Pym's an asshole that gets the job done. He actively employs any means to fix anything and will use anyone for his team. Hell, he made Loki an Avenger to upstage the others. He rebuilt the Avengers Mansion as an endless series of portals and Tesseracts, so that he can keep whatever he needs anywhere at anytime. Plus, he has harvested his ex-wife's soul in a means to find a way to force her back to life.

He robbed the Fantastic Four of materials that he created. He's actively involved in trying to control and train Marvel's younger heroes. Why is Pym cool? He's a dick. He's Marvel's Dick Supreme.

Comment

Second part: Vision got torn in half at the start of Bendis's tenure. The Young Avengers pieced him back together, but his memory was wiped. So, they transferred the dying Iron Lad's mind into him. The problem with that is that Iron Lad is triggering latent things left inside of the Vision.

In Marvel Movie sense, I guess that if they can Nolanesque a robot....they won't touch it.

Comment

It's not boring AT ALL. Pym's seen as a piece of shit by most of the superhero community. He struggles to find ways to get past it, but he only ends up pissing off more people. So, he reprograms Jocasta (robot replica of Wasp) to serve as an AI version of her. Jocasta grows to hate Pym for what he did and states that if he so much as touches her, she'll rips his arms off.

But, the kicker to all of this is that Pym's an asshole that gets the job done. He actively employs any means to fix anything and will use anyone for his team. Hell, he made Loki an Avenger to upstage the others. He rebuilt the Avengers Mansion as an endless series of portals and Tesseracts, so that he can keep whatever he needs anywhere at anytime. Plus, he has harvested his ex-wife's soul in a means to find a way to force her back to life.

He robbed the Fantastic Four of materials that he created. He's actively involved in trying to control and train Marvel's younger heroes. Why is Pym cool? He's a dick. He's Marvel's Dick Supreme.
                              No I second the love for Hank "I thought the "A" in our logo stood for Asshole" Pym. It's just with Wasp, you'd have to have 4 or 5 movies before you could get to all of this continuity-from-the-comics story stuff that was any good with her character. But in the end this still all boils down to - she is only interesting vis a vis her relationship with Pym. On her own or without having that relationship dynamic with Pym, boring boring boring.

Comment

Second part: Vision got torn in half at the start of Bendis's tenure. The Young Avengers pieced him back together, but his memory was wiped. So, they transferred the dying Iron Lad's mind into him. The problem with that is that Iron Lad is triggering latent things left inside of the Vision.

In Marvel Movie sense, I guess that if they can Nolanesque a robot....they won't touch it.
                                My feeling is that they will take some of the major storylines from the Avengers books and use them in film, but that there will be no rigid following of continuity. They "may" do a redux of the Ultimate Vision/Ultimate Nightmare origin to Vision's character, but there is no way they will do the whole Wanda Goes Crazy/House of M/Avengers Disassemble storyline. I will bet cash money on this.

So my hope is that Vision makes it into subsequent movies for sure, maybe in a Hank Pym/Ultron film as they answer to fighting Ultron?

Comment

Working...
                                X