No announcement yet.

Prometheus and ALL OTHER NEW ALIEN/PREDATOR SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Like Martin, i want a sequel. The plot holes and unanswered questions are, for the most part, fixable in a sequel (an explanation can be applied) and I'd really like to see how Shaw and David end up. The foundation for future entries is shaky but can be buttressed.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• And here's one of the main problem I have with the movie: it's barely holds up as a stand alone. It does, but it's shaky. It's gonna have to be a reverse Matrix and be awesome next time.
      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
        Yes yes yes. The script sucked. We all know that. So the rest of the movie sucked as well? No. Not at all. I can still find interresting stuff in suck a movie with a bad script. There's a lot of great onscreen.
        Sorry. I have to like a story, the characters, themes, etc for me to a enjoy a film. If I just wanted interesting visuals thrown at me without any plot, I'd watch Un Chen Andilou, or Bad Boys 2

Duh. Testing. Wayland probably didn't know what would happen, but attempted to control the results by cryo.
        So you're suggesting that the android knew that the glop he put in the drink would end up impregnating Noomi with a squid?

Sorry -- no soap. This is an alien substance that no one knows anything about. David would know that introducing such an element to the mission could seriously destabilize it (and, in fact, did) and end up in Weyland's death (and, in fact, did) thus invalidating the entire purpose of the mission. The risk isn't worth it, and any person capable or reasoning would figure that out.

And, to your point, at no point in the film is it expressed, explicitly or implicitly, that David had any idea what this glop would do or if it could be controlled. Again, poor writing.

Fassbender is "decent". You're joking, right? So Rapace and Theron sucked? Get a grip.
        Fassbender played an android. Androids are not capable of expressing emotion.

You know what's really hard about acting? Expressing different emotions.

He was watchable, arguably the best thing about the movie, but let's not kid ourselves into thinking he's the next Will Smith or anything.

And yeah, Theron and Rapace were serviceable, I guess. Maybe if they had a coherent script I'd have a higher opinion of their individual performances.

The cake sucked for you, congrats. Did Ridely Scott assfucked your mother to death to lose that much perspective?
        All right, knock it the fuck off. Maybe you're impressed by nice images, but you know what, I need more from a movie.

Prometheus is a turd wrapped in a pretty bow. If you can't see that, you need to raise your standards.
        Visit my blog! BMichaelKrol.Wordpress.com Leave vulgar comments!

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

• Again, i pretty much agree with everything that BMichael wrote except for the quality of the acting. I thought it was first rate across the board from all of the principals. Even with all of the problems, i was impressed enough with the craft of the film to enjoy it...that may be due to seeing it on a true Imax screen in immersive 3D. I suspect that another viewing under lesser circumstances will completely suck.
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Isn't the sequel Alien?

Comment

• Originally posted by BMichaelKrol View Post
              Sorry. I have to like a story, the characters, themes, etc for me to a enjoy a film. If I just wanted interesting visuals thrown at me without any plot, I'd watch Un Chen Andilou, or Bad Boys 2

So you're suggesting that the android knew that the glop he put in the drink would end up impregnating Noomi with a squid?

Sorry -- no soap. This is an alien substance that no one knows anything about. David would know that introducing such an element to the mission could seriously destabilize it (and, in fact, did) and end up in Weyland's death (and, in fact, did) thus invalidating the entire purpose of the mission. The risk isn't worth it, and any person capable or reasoning would figure that out.

And, to your point, at no point in the film is it expressed, explicitly or implicitly, that David had any idea what this glop would do or if it could be controlled. Again, poor writing.

Fassbender played an android. Androids are not capable of expressing emotion.

You know what's really hard about acting? Expressing different emotions.

He was watchable, arguably the best thing about the movie, but let's not kid ourselves into thinking he's the next Will Smith or anything.

And yeah, Theron and Rapace were serviceable, I guess. Maybe if they had a coherent script I'd have a higher opinion of their individual performances.

All right, knock it the fuck off. Maybe you're impressed by nice images, but you know what, I need more from a movie.

Prometheus is a turd wrapped in a pretty bow. If you can't see that, you need to raise your standards.
              First off, slight correction: it's Un Chien Andalou.

Second, Will Smith is AT BEST a good actor. At best. Let's look at Ali for that shining moment. The rest? Ah Hell NAW! Fassbender, when taking a shit at home, has a better range of acting than Will Smith will ever have. Watch Shame or Hunger for exemple. Bad exemple by picking Will Smith. So far Fassbender's track record is nearly perfect, and it's no exception here.

And David follows orders. Wayland's orders. It's pretty clear he's the one who decided what to do with the sample, and that no one knew (even if they should have guessed) what would happen. But we all know about the script problems, and at that point, it becomes generic sci-fi monster thriller like say, Pandorum, Deep Star Six, you name it. But, the production and everything else is to be praised.

And lastly, my standards are perfectly fine thank you. I'm able to appreciate different levels of movies. Bad Boys 2, as you say, is perfect in it's genre, much like say, Le Samourai, Commando, 36th Chamber of Shaolin, Debbie Does Dallas, Hedwig and the Angry Inch, Hard to Kill or Inception.

Or, for that matter, can I appreciate Transformers despite it not being a masterpiece on screen.

You can't appreciate a movie despite obvious flaws? Your loss, not mine. Prometheus sure as fuck ain't perfect, far from it, but there's some great stuff in it.
              Last edited by Martin; 06-13-2012, 11:47 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                Isn't the sequel Alien?
                They wanna make a sequel where she obviously goes with David to see the Engineers and...
                Last edited by Martin; 06-13-2012, 11:49 AM.

Comment

• No idea what that means because I won't be seeing this until I can rent on Amazon.

Comment

• Yeah, the direct sequel would not be ALIEN. There's more story to tell nefore we get to the Nostromo

Comment

• BMK is killing it in here. Sorry to say, the further I get from the film, the more I totally agree with him.
                      I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• No one said he's not making sense, beside implying Will Smith is a good actor and Fassbender ain't in some way.

But it's definitely not as bad as he's saying. Far from it.

Script-wise? Totally.

But it's the way he's taking this shit seriously... or the impression he's giving me... I mean, he's probably having a simple seizure from seeing your average teen girl running up the stairs in Friday the 13th.

Fuck that, I enjoyed it while knowing it wasn't that great. Fun ride, won't buy on Blu. Simple. But a turd? Fuck that shit.

Comment

• I have to say the biggest reason I've decided to hold off until it's on instant video is the fucking awful Coors Light promotions.

Comment

• I'm so glad I'm Canadian, just for such a thing....

Comment

• I couldn't decide whether to put this here(since it's not technically 'Prometheus') or in the funny pics thread...

Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                                As we've all stressed, expectations don't change the fact that these characters are some of the worst scientists in the universe, doing dumb things JUST to move the film forward. Whatever the film gets right, that scuppers the whole affair for me. It's DTV horror movie behaviour.

It's a 4/10 for me.
                                All of the above.

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                                ... overall, I had fun with it. In no way TERRIBLE!!!!! like Bobby and whoever else stated. I could lower my note to 6.5/10 or a 6, but no less. There was still a lot of craft at work there.
                                There was a lot of effort put into developing seemingly everything except the narrative. I don't think that's much of a positive when a film has such grand ambitions. It's a severe mismanagement of resources.

Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                                BMK is killing it in here. Sorry to say, the further I get from the film, the more I totally agree with him.
                                Same here. Not that this has any bearing on whether or not there will be another entry, but I don't think the movie has earned the right to have a sequel. So it has some nice visuals... big deal. How many other films boast better visuals and have interesting, competent storytelling as well?
                                "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

Working...
                                X