SPIDER-MAN, VENOM, NON MARVEL SPIDEY DOES WHAT A SPIDER CAN IF SONY LETS HIM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Buffington Headcheese View Post
    Any nerd knows the minute they brought in Gwen that she would die at some point. MJ is just as essential to Spidey as Lois is to Supes.

10 years ago, I would've agreed with you. Now...not so much.

Spidey's back in the getting regular trim mode in the constant shuffling of ladies actually suits the character.
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• I just want to see Andrew Garfield vs Ray Stevenson.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffington Headcheese View Post
        I just want to see Andrew Garfield vs Ray Stevenson.

and a fine 3 minutes it would be.
        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• So... let's set things straight here. They want to introduce MJ and Harry. Keep the Gwen romance going. Possibly beef-up with Flash Thompson (Speculation on my part) And have multiple villains.

They didn't watch Spider-Man 3, did they?
          Originally posted by Ari
          The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
            So... let's set things straight here. They want to introduce MJ and Harry. Keep the Gwen romance going. Possibly beef-up with Flash Thompson (Speculation on my part) And have multiple villains.

They didn't watch Spider-Man 3, did they?
            They want to downplay Gwen, since Emma Stone is getting to a point where they might not be able to afford her.

MJ and Harry are being played by actors that have yet to command $100,000 for a movie.

Flash Thompson has been getting amped up by Marvel as the new Venom, so there's room to work the angle.

Multiple villains doesn't have to be a bad thing. It's a bitch to write, but you can time it out. If Batman (1966) can do it, then why can't untitled Spidey sequel?

Comment

• Oh the old Batman movie had a well-written mix of villains, I'll give you that. It also had the Shark Repellent.
              BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• My take:

Gotta agree with Troy - re: Electro. He's MAYBE second or third tier on the villains roster, and I can't see him being the central baddie for the sequel. The fact that they're bringing Harry Osborn into this means Norman, AKA Green Goblin, is waiting in the wings. If not for this sequel, expect some Goblin goings-on in part 3.

The point Troy raises about Stone's availability now that she's getting some career cred (didn't she sign a multi-picture deal for the Spidey franchise?) also lends itself to Gwen being written out within the next flick or two. The death of Gwen Stacy is a major event/turning point in Spidey lore, and Sony'll have my respect if they do that deed in a flick. It's a terrific story, a huge emotional gutpunch, essentially making that sequel the superhero version of Love Story (no spinning the Earf backwards to fix that shit, son!). Plus, the tween romance audience will eat that shit up - c'mon, this is Romeo & Juliet final act stuff here.

As for multiple villains, on paper it's a cool idea, but it tends to get snarled on the execution. They're better off sticking to one baddie per flick, especially if the villain is a heavy hitter like the Goblin or Dr. Octopus. You have a baddie like that, throwing in extra bad guys dilutes the attention/oomph from the main villain. If they have to throw in an extra villain, do it in the pre-credit sequence as an entree to get the main action going after the credits end.

Also, I see this particular version of the franchise going for 2-3 more movies tops before they switch everyone out for new personnel. After a couple of more films, unless they dummy up and shoot 'em back to back like LOTR, Garfield and crew are gonna look a mite long in the tooth to be playing college-aged superheroes.

Again, just my opinion.

Comment

• Plus, I can see them slowly phasing Doctor Octopus out of the movies since he's going to be dead in the comics very soon. Given the writer, he'll stay dead for the forseeable future. Marvel seems to like Dan Slott and the fact that he saved the entire Spidey comic franchise.

Comment

• Jamie Foxx is playing Electro.
                    Originally posted by Ari
                    The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

Jamie Foxx is playing Black Lightning.
                      Fixed.

Don't care.
                      Originally posted by Martin
                      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                      Originally posted by gravedigger
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Jamie Foxx is playing Electro.
                        hahahahahahahahaha

That franchise is getting even more retarded. I really hope they keep the little bolts on the side of his mask!
                        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Electro? ugh.

I was really hoping a new Green Goblin with the mask and everything. Or at least Mysterio.
                          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Do Kraven's Last Hunt and I'll give a damn. I'm so totally done with Spiderman it's not even funny.
                            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                            Originally posted by gravedigger
                            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I wish they had the rights to Punisher. I'd like to see Ray Stevenson fight against Spidey.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                                Plus, I can see them slowly phasing Doctor Octopus out of the movies since he's going to be dead in the comics very soon. Given the writer, he'll stay dead for the forseeable future. Marvel seems to like Dan Slott and the fact that he saved the entire Spidey comic franchise.
                                The rogue's gallery needs him.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X