Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DARK SOULS: A Masochist's Love Letter

So, anyone else get this?

Anyone else laughin' heartily at the amount of grafitti littering the wastes?

Anyone at all surprised that it mostly consists of "I can't take it?"

Share your war stories by the bonfire, pilgrims. It is going to be a long night.
    Me quick one want slow

Hell, I still need to finish Demon's Souls. I'll wait to be ass-raped until I finish Demon's Souls.
    We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
    - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I am enjoying my trip down Know Your Role Blvd.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

I've now changed from warrior to pyromancer to thief.

After my first successful backstab, I don't think there is any turning back.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

Pyro is OP as fuck. I love it. I'm reclearing the Burg right now, getting souls to get a bow, arrows, and firebombs for the first big boss. I ran into two BAD dudes. One black knight I probably could have took if I was prepared and one dude that looked like a tank. He was way down a tower, and I ran my ass off back to the bonfire.

Comment

Yeah, I tried to take out both of those guys.

It did not work out.

The one that looked like a goddamn locomotive with the tree for a club got me because I had a brainfart and pressed A instead of B to dodge it.

The black knight is just a giant twat. He'll get his. Oh yes, he'll get his.

There is a bit of an issue with the dodge mechanic when it comes to the Taurus Demon, as I've gotten stuck three times in a precarious position coming out of a roll, where I'll dodge again and not move at all because he has blocked me in somehow. Then I'll be ravaged by his death cudgel each time.

The weird thing is that I haven't lost my shit (mentally) yet. It's still a lot of fun even when the SURPRISEBUTTSECKS happens and I lose everything. It must be the Ghouls N' Ghosts fan in me.
            Last edited by Captain Russ; 10-05-2011, 09:49 PM.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

My fireballs did 100 damage a pop to the black knight, which was a pretty nice chunk. If I can keep my distance I should be able to take him down.

Did you find the merchant? If you go to the right from the Burg bonfire, then cross left to the two spear skeletons just break the barrels and go down the stairs. He sells a shield that stops 100% physical damage. I was going to buy a spear so I can block and attack at the same time, but I am trying to save for a bow and firebombs right now.

There are also a pair of chests in that first part of the burg. Nice to have their goodies.

If you find the fire keeper soul, don't use it. Take it to the mute chick near the very first bonfire you begin at. It will buff your flasks.

Comment

Yeah, I started farming souls from the bonfire in Undead (DUCK) Burg, trying to get the repair box from that merchant guarded by the spear-wielders.

100 per on the black knight? Nice. I was lobbing firebombs at him, which take too long to toss when he's running at full clip with his sword drawn. I'll just keep tryin' since I want to get rid of him and his buddy in the lower levels before Taurus gets his ass put in a sling.

Haven't found the keeper's soul yet.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33GgfsLvRXU#t=6m10s

How to get the drake sword. OP as shit starter weapon

Comment

This worth picking up? I can probably afford one game in the next month and I can't decide which game to get. This, Gears 3, or Fifa 12.
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Do you have patience? If so, yes.

Comment

All kept saying to myself last night, every single time I died, was

"HERE IN...

...DUCKBURG!"
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

Amazon just sent me $20 because they didn't send me the limited edition. Awesome.

Comment

Took out the african american knight and Taurus bro. It's getting easier/harder.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

Now my character's nekkid, playing Dodge or Die with the train looking motherfucker.

Update: I have been crushed eight times now because I can't seem to stop rolling right into him. Fuckbeans.
                              Last edited by Captain Russ; 10-06-2011, 08:34 PM.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                              X