Harry and the Hendersons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harry and the Hendersons

With the passing of Stan Winston this weekend, this movie all of a sudden popped back into my head. As a kid I remember thinking that Harry was totally fucking real, and that there was a whole plethora of "Bigfeet?" living in the woods somewhere. John Lithgow was great if I'm remembering correctly. Is nostalgia tainting my memory of this film, or does it still hold up?

I still remember the shot of Harry staring in a window and seeing a chicken being put into a pot on a tv show and then seeing the fat lady getting into the hottub. I dunno why, but that stuck with me.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

I loved this movie...I owned it on DVD and watched it everytime it was on TV. Honestly it probably doesn't hold up...but it's still a classic.
    Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

Just watched it a few months back, definitely not as cool as a child but this is one of those movies I will always love no matter how corny!
      "Can't really bench press anything when you're sporting less than an inch, it's common with Asian males... FUCK!" ~ nerdious

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson

Recipient of "The Best Post of the Day Award" : 1

Comment

Worddddd... I think I might look for this one in the bargain bin.

Comment

All I remember is the crappy tv show. I don't have a single memory of the movie, although I know I watched it.
          Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
          John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

I totally posted the above before I went to the 25 worst sitcoms thread. How fuckin funny is that?
            Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
            John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Hahaha. I had no idea there was a tv show,
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

The TV show sucked strong sausage...That definitely deserved being on that list.

Comment

Movie affected me a lot in my youth. Harry was so expressive. Parts of that movie mad me want to cry and other parts made me want to wipe out the human race.
                  Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                  Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                  POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Why we all need a Harry while sitting in traffic!
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRQj5sy5gaY
                    "Can't really bench press anything when you're sporting less than an inch, it's common with Asian males... FUCK!" ~ nerdious

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson

Recipient of "The Best Post of the Day Award" : 1

Comment

Haha. Goddamn I need to rewatch this flick.

Comment

John Lithgow's Dad who owned the sporting goods store pissed me off so much when he altered his lifesize sign of Harry. Also I thought
                        David Suchet as LaFluer was hilarious.

Comment

Totally. Man, I need to watch this flick again.

Comment

After The podcast makes it big Rob will lure me into a car with a trail of McDonald's hamburgers and drop me off in the forest.
                            You totally killed us, you evil metal dickweeds! - Bill S. Preston

Comment

Watched this flick last weekend. Still totally fucking works IMO.

Comment

Working...
                              X