Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matt's 'You're All Insane!' Lists: You're All Insane!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Captain Insane-O bump
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Someone should do a "You're all insane" on Matt.
      Visit my blog! BMichaelKrol.Wordpress.com Leave vulgar comments!

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

For Wonka? Not worth the time.
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Originally posted by BMichaelKrol View Post
          Someone should do a "You're all insane" on Matt.
          Hahahaha, but for real, this thread should be stickied.
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
            Well, you're loonier than Screwy Squirrel for that one, on top of everything else.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

You telling that either Wonka film is a sacred cow?
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                This.

What the fuck guys? I'm going to start assuming here (I'm already an ass) that you all love this movie due to nostalgia and not because it's well done? Because it ain't. Wilder is the only good part of it.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

That first one is, no matter how you slice it.

What in the fuck is brokencyde* of you kids?

*say it fast
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

Yeah, not biting on this one.

Comment

I don't love either Wonka film. I do think the first one is streets ahead of the remake but again not a huge fan of it. I just want this thread stickied because Matt's crusade needs to be documented. Lulz
                      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Originally posted by Abe Smashington View Post
                        This.

What the fuck guys? I'm going to start assuming here (I'm already an ass) that you all love this movie due to nostalgia and not because it's well done? Because it ain't. Wilder is the only good part of it.
                        It's a confluence of both an iconic performance by Gene, mixtures of nostalgia, and a bizarre reading of it as a terrifying manchild coming to grips with the fact he can never grow up and must repeat a terrible cycle in finding a new ward.

It's the Michael Jackson story, really. Charlie is Mac Culkin. Bubbles has been multiplied several hundred times over and spray-painted orange and green.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

I just don't think you guys are giving it the credit it is due, as it is an absolutely fucked up children's film that is dark at its core, but with enough distractions (candy, candy, and more candy) to keep kids from the awful truth until years later.*

*Wonka murdered all of the kids that failed his "test"
                          Last edited by Captain Russ; 10-14-2011, 01:34 PM.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

See I kind of picture Wonka as a subtle horror story. So I guess I'm along the lines you are Russ, I just don't hold it up as a sacred cow or anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
                              I just don't think you guys are giving it the credit it is due, as it is an absolutely fucked up children's film that is dark at its core, but with enough distractions (candy, candy, and more candy) to keep kids from the awful truth until years later.*

*Wonka murdered all of the kids that failed his "test"
                              THIS. I don't think it's a fabulously made film, but it's bizzarre enough for a kid's film to pass my muster. And with regard to Russ' "asterisk" point, we know the kids aren't really dead (or... ARE they?), because at the end, Wonka tells Charlie, "Oh, they'll be fine - back to their own nasty selves in no time". But for a kids film, it sure showed some pretty bad consequences for kids who misbehaved. It wasn't a very child friendly kids film, which makes me love it all the more (go ahead - register your shock).
                              2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

http://youtu.be/We5a2mA7IAU
                                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Working...
                                X