Windows Mobile 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Mobile 7

Since we have an iPhone and Android thread, why not?

I think I'm switching to WinMo7 when they release in a couple months. I'm bored of the iPhone, and it's obvious that Jobs is keeping the super simple and boring iOS format, and not changing it. Android obviously is cool, but with the disorganized store, and fucked up updating scheme I am kind of put off by it. So I have been watching the WinMo7 phones, and this leaked one is super hot. Really excited for Monday's announcement. AT&T is supposed to get the exclusive contract until next year, so I think the T-Mobile stamp on this is for Europe only.

http://gizmodo.com/5660320/leaked-t+...ically-awesome

Sigh, it is T-Mobile only in the states. Really don't want to change providers, especially to a provider worse than AT&T. And AT&T got the shaft on their phones, T-Mobile got the 3 best of the bunch.

Comment

I keep hearing that Windows Mobile is dogshit, but that's also pretty grapevine-y and anecdotal.
      "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
      *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

The Windows Mobile on phones now? Yes. The Windows Mobile 7 coming out? All the previews I've read on tech sites have been raving about it. Unless you're hearing it from someone working for a major tech site that got a preview phone then

Comment

It's not so much hate, but why give a shit?

What are the advantages of a Windows Mobile 7 phone? This screams of Johnny-Come-lately aka Zune.
          "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

I'd rather use the Windows Mobile 7 stuff if it's gonna integrate outlook, xbox, zune, etc.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Outlook sucks. I'm a Notes person.
              We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
              - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Zune *snickers*

Comment

my buddy has one. It's not that bad actually. I mean, sure iTunes has the market share, but the zune is fucking sexy.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Anytime I hear someone celebrating Zune, I keep thinking it's some kind "ironic" appreciation.

Comment

There's a whole hipster demographic they missed...

"iPod? *derisive snort*"

Comment

Ed, have you ever used a Zune? I fucking LOVE it. I bought my mom a Zune HD, and that thing is incredible. We live in an Applecentric world, and I already have so many iTunes accessories (chargers, radio, adapters) that I wouldn't want to buy those again to change to Zune, but if not for that Zune would be my preferred MP3 player. The hardware is fucking beautiful, and the OS is interesting and easy. Much better than the extremely bland iOS.

Howard, I'm positive they said that Notes is going to be integrated. You can manage your phone at (I think) windowsphone.com and you can access your Notes, track/wipe your phone, and do all of your cloud computing. Apparently every phone comes with 25gb free cloud storage, which is awesome.

As for the advantages to this OS...what's the advantage to any of these OS's on smartphones? It's a matter of which one meets your personal preferences, isn't it? And WM7 seems to get that, and is going above and beyond to give you the best of the iOS and Android together.

I've been reading all the previews today, and it looks like the HD7 has a bad screen. Looks like I might be switching to a HTC Surround, but I want to get some hands on first. Hoping stores get demos earlier than launch.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                          Ed, have you ever used a Zune? I fucking LOVE it. I bought my mom a Zune HD, and that thing is incredible. We live in an Applecentric world, and I already have so many iTunes accessories (chargers, radio, adapters) that I wouldn't want to buy those again to change to Zune, but if not for that Zune would be my preferred MP3 player. The hardware is fucking beautiful, and the OS is interesting and easy. Much better than the extremely bland iOS.
                          yep. I concur.

Comment

Not to mention, Zune actually has a streaming service already. Something Apple should have had fucking YEARS ago. Hell, Google doesn't even have a music business yet and they are about to open some kind of streaming/subscription music service. The Zune store and adding music to the device used to be a sore spot, but given the fucking retarded changes to how you add music using iTunes, it looks sterling in comparison.

Really excited for these phones. Want to get my damn paws on one already.

Comment

I really want a Zune. I just need a new fucking mp3 player but Zune be lookin' sexy
                              "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                              *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

Working...
                              X