Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
    HE'S TALKING ABOUT YOOOOOU KROL!!!!!! :-D
    Just showing that there's more shit to back up going after Trump now.

What's left to see is if Mueller can pull off the 2-minute drill before the August recess inevitably happens and Trump starts getting nutty from his NJ White House.
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
      To those arguing that the Jawaworski Letter from the Watergate Debacle didn't mean that President's could be indicted. Well, how about one from Ken Starr in the 1990s saying that YES, THE MOTHERFUCKERS CAN BE INDICTED.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...imes&smtyp=cur
      And that's a wonderful relic of history...that will become meaningless when the SCOTUS rules against this 5-4.

I started reading the memo. There's a lot of gray area here. One area of concern is the memo states that, if convicted, the president would have to wait until after he leaves office to start serving any time. That's a troubling proposition.
      Visit my blog! BMichaelKrol.Wordpress.com Leave vulgar comments!

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

• And before anyone gets huffy about "Krol being Krol," let me be clear: memos, opinion letters, thoughts, etc don't mean squat here. Until the SCOTUS definitely says that a sitting president can be indicted, it's all just opinions.

This is far from a settled question and it has serious implications going forward. The SCOTUS will hear this question and who the hell knows how they'll rule.

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

• Originally posted by BMichaelKrol View Post
          And before anyone gets huffy about "Krol being Krol," let me be clear: memos, opinion letters, thoughts, etc don't mean squat here. Until the SCOTUS definitely says that a sitting president can be indicted, it's all just opinions.

This is far from a settled question and it has serious implications going forward. The SCOTUS will hear this question and who the hell knows how they'll rule.

Exactly. I'm presenting evidence as it comes. While I feel that the SCOTUS will side with the only real choice they have, there is always the awful alternative.

But, the process keeps improving with every new shoe dropped.
          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

Exactly. I'm presenting evidence as it comes. While I feel that the SCOTUS will side with the only real choice they have, there is always the awful alternative.

But, the process keeps improving with every new shoe dropped.
            The Starr memo is compelling, but this is a sticky wicket. There's no way (as I see it) that they can rule against indictment. But then what? I could see them doing some serious "baby splitting" and leaving an unholy legal mess.

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

• Originally posted by BMichaelKrol View Post
              The Starr memo is compelling, but this is a sticky wicket. There's no way (as I see it) that they can rule against indictment. But then what? I could see them doing some serious "baby splitting" and leaving an unholy legal mess.
              Baby splitting is one of the possible not nightmare scenarios.

Comment

Baby splitting is one of the possible not nightmare scenarios.
                What if the SCOTUS rules that he can be tried and convicted but not imprisoned until he leaves office? That would be a goddamn mess.

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

• If he's tried and convicted, why would his sentence be delayed until his term ends? Pence would probably take over immediately as Trump would be considered a criminal, thus unfit to lead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                    If he's tried and convicted, why would his sentence be delayed until his term ends? Pence would probably take over immediately as Trump would be considered a criminal, thus unfit to lead.
                    Pence is fucked too for different reasons. There's also dirt on Tillerson, Ryan and many others.

When Trump get indicted, this is just the beginning. He didn't do a damn thing in a vacuum.

Due to the size and nature of what's coming, it would make zero sense for SCOTUS to tow the line for Trump.

If it was 1 person's ass on the fire, it would be easier to tow the party line. But, when you've got 12 people behind him...it becomes harder to explain away the evidence, the charges and the overall impact on the nation.

Comment

• I'm praying this goes down like you suggest, Troy. A massive clean sweep is what we need, and I hope all involved are shitting themselves.

Comment

I'm praying this goes down like you suggest, Troy. A massive clean sweep is what we need, and I hope all involved are shitting themselves.
                        I've been shown ZERO reason to believe otherwise. I acknowledge other templates, but I have been shown ZERO reason to believe anything other than what I've said.

Comment

If he's tried and convicted, why would his sentence be delayed until his term ends? Pence would probably take over immediately as Trump would be considered a criminal, thus unfit to lead.
                          Because the only way to actually remove a President is through impeachment.

I mean, you're right. Once he's convicted of a crime, he should be guilty of High Crimes and Misdemeanors and be impeached. But this isn't a law review article. This is reality. And thus far, no one in the GOP is showing any backbone on Trump whatsoever.

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

• True, but I honestly think quite a few folks in the GOP are quietly lawyering up or covering their own asses for the moment if/when Trump goes down.

Trump's fall is very likely going to have a massive impact on the midterm elections in 2018, with a bunch of the folks on the Hill finding themselves unemployed, weakened, or indicted as well - if Troy's right (and what's going on now seems to say so). The Russia stuff seems to have cast a bit of a wide net if it's got folks like Ryan, McConnell, Tillerson, etc. nervous as hell.

Comment

• Now, Trump is railing at the Republican Party for not protecting him.
                              Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs!

Comment

• Woops. Donnie's gonna really unhappy about this.
                                BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Working...
                                X