Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Xbox live & PSN & Wii & Steam username/long ass stupid number thread!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nerdious dorkus View Post
    I think the motion controller might help up the ante but where do you draw the line and calling it a gimmick? When it starts de-evolve into the Wii?
    I think that it will be incorporated into controller functionality (like Rumble). A game changer? No.
    We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
    - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Originally posted by Ari View Post
      I love my PS3 to death, I just find the 360 more streamlined when it comes to online gaming, which I also love to death. Plus, my 360 came with a headset and I just don't have the $$$ to go buy one for the PS3. I also have like 100 friends on my 360, so I'm almost never lonely.

ALL OF THAT
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Howard View Post
        I think that it will be incorporated into controller functionality (like Rumble). A game changer? No.
        It's a separate controller. Like a wand or the Wii remote. It could be a game changer if the developers make it a game changer.
        The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

• Originally posted by Howard View Post
          Natal will win.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Ari View Post
            I love my PS3 to death, I just find the 360 more streamlined when it comes to online gaming, which I also love to death. Plus, my 360 came with a headset and I just don't have the $$$ to go buy one for the PS3. I also have like 100 friends on my 360, so I'm almost never lonely.
            Come on Ari, good cheap ones are around for $15.

Insert *you'll never be lonely when you're with me comment*
            We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.

Comment

• Originally posted by Howard

Just think Josh, titties look better in Blu-ray. Therefore titties>PS3+360.
              This is truth
              Originally posted by nerdious dorkus View Post
              Psssh. They look just as good on the HDDVD play... And it's chea...p...
              Well, the players are easy to get cheap now but your selection is obviously limited.

Originally posted by Ari View Post
              Originally posted by Rob View Post
              ALL OF THAT
              Rob and Ari are now concurred'd.
              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob View Post
                Natal will win.
                We'll see about that.

Comment

• Here's a question: Weren't the demos used for Natal (Burnout, Gears, etc) just quickly rigged to work? Of course they wouldn't be as good as a tech demo made specifically for either controllor. As there was no lag talk during the other demos (mini games that were made specifically for Natal)?

Comment

It's a separate controller. Like a wand or the Wii remote. It could be a game changer if the developers make it a game changer.
                    Now it is (separate). It will be incorporated into one controller. Remember having to buy a rumble pack for the N64 controller? That stopped after one generation.

As to it being a game changer. Maybe. Something is missing though and developers would have to spend the time figuring it out. I don't see it happening overnight.

Comment

Here's a question: Weren't the demos used for Natal (Burnout, Gears, etc) just quickly rigged to work? Of course they wouldn't be as good as a tech demo made specifically for either controllor. As there was no lag talk during the other demos (mini games that were made specifically for Natal)?
                      No. Burnout was a full working game built specifically for the Natal.

Comment

• The fucking Eye-Toy was going to be a game changer. It wasn't.

Comment

No. Burnout was a full working game built specifically for the Natal.
                          BS. I want a source.

Comment

Here's a question: Weren't the demos used for Natal (Burnout, Gears, etc) just quickly rigged to work? Of course they wouldn't be as good as a tech demo made specifically for either controllor. As there was no lag talk during the other demos (mini games that were made specifically for Natal)?
                            Nope, there was lag in the mini games for those as well.

Comment

• Either way man, you're nit picking here. This is what I want to happen with Natal.

Stolen from a poster at evilavatar.com

What are folks expecting to really do with this anyways?

My expectations (which are currently unruffled)
                              - Use gestures to navigate xbox interface
                              - Use voice to do stuff too
                              - Autosign in for me and the members of my family
                              - Have a decent video confrencing system
                              - Never ever use it for 'reaction time based games', I think it could be handy for games like puzzle quest, etc...

For me, I just want a controller replacement. I think if you ever were expecting to have Gears of war pull in some of this stuff, you'll still need to wait a generation or two. As Net7Runner said, computer vision stuff is f-ing hard, getting the bare start of it in a consumer product is an enourmous step forward.

Comment

• Also, it's at least 1 year off. I think this is a bit premature.

Comment

Working...
                                X