Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• that all being said, I'm sure I'll end up using it, but I'm still way more excited for the new Wii.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Seriously, the Wii is the most useless dust gathering device I ever bought. Fuck the Wii U....
      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• I'm sorry you don't enjoy solid platformers. :/
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Not buying a Nintentroll system. That zombie game at least has a new setting going for it. Would've been cool to see some actual gameplay though.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Theodore Stabbington View Post
            I'm sorry you don't enjoy solid platformers. :/
            Fucking Wii sucked. Not getting burned again.

Comment

• It's going to be an app, and it will stream info from the Xbox to the app. So the phone apps and tablet apps might be different like showing them controlling the net with the phone and controlling game stuff with a tablet. So take the phone out of the conversation, and just look at the tablets and you'll get the same experience as the Wii U. The Wii U tablet doesn't have any beefy processing power, it's just streaming from the console.

Comment

• The Wii would have been great if I could have played all the awesome first party games using the regular controller. The Wiimote is awful. The first party games are great.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                  It's going to be an app, and it will stream info from the Xbox to the app. So the phone apps and tablet apps might be different like showing them controlling the net with the phone and controlling game stuff with a tablet. So take the phone out of the conversation, and just look at the tablets and you'll get the same experience as the Wii U. The Wii U tablet doesn't have any beefy processing power, it's just streaming from the console.

All good points however, the WiiU is built for this shit and I'll always be in their corner just like an abused housewife. The xbox is just going "HEY WATCH EXTRA SHIT WHILE YOU WATCH OTHER SHIT!" or "FUCK A CONTROLLER USE YOUR PHONE TO ACCESS ZUNE MARKETPLACE" at the moment. Show me something besides Madden and I'm all for it. I just hope my first generation iPad will be usable with this.

Comment

• You saw the Rayman presentation right? Well there's something else you've seen that uses it. It's not like we've seen a ton of shit for the Wii U either. They demoed using the same shit, sports plays and kart racers. The most interesting thing they showed was that mystery game that was only a tech demo. I'd say that whatever you see at the Nintendo press conference today using the Wii U tablet can be a demo for Smart Glass too.

What I find hilarious is that Nintendo showed the Pro controller basically saying "we don't expect anyone to give a fuck about the tablet in the 3rd party community so here's a 360 controller" then Microsoft trolls the hell out of them and says "Hey, let's do the WiiU shit but you don't have to buy anything else!"

Comment

• That new Nintendo controller is a pure 360 ripoff.

Comment

• Oh man. Hilarious. Every controller is a rip-off/homage to the original Nintendo controller. And who gives a fuck? A universal controller would be awesome and is sorely needed for all of the re-releases/virtual console stuff.

Comment

• Kinda agree, but Nintendo really screwed themselves as serious gaming contender when they dumped a real controller for the Wiimote.

Comment

• Which I don't get. I've played more original games on my Wii than I have on my PS3. And while they may not be up to the graphical par of the PS3, they were all pretty fucking great: Super Mario Galaxy, New Super Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong, MadWorld, fucking Wii Sports (which everyone loved, I don't care if you hate it now that game was the shit when the system first hit). The only time I wasn't a fan of the controller was during long play sessions but then again I don't tend to game for hours on end anyway.

Comment

• They're strictly sticking to what works for the larger more casual audience. That's cool. It ain't for me.

I like marathon gaming. With a controller. All this extra peripherally-focused nonsense is for an audience I am not a part of.

Looks like I will have my choice of playing Lady Uncharted, Thought Police Uncharted, Resident Uncharted, or Gears of Dead Space.

Everything's coming up Milhouse.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Which I respect. It's the "NINTENDO SUCKS" mentality I don't. If they actually sucked they wouldn't be around anymore. Yeah the Wii didn't perform as well as they wanted, but I got my money worth easily. The Xbox Smart Glass stuff seems pointless UNLESS games really take advantage. Yeah it's cool that it's free and optional, but we'll see how it's actually used. All WiiU games are obviously built with the WiiU tablet in mind.

Comment

Working...
                                X