Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We already had a candlelight vigil at the Funeral Parlor in the Wrasslin' thread, but it still makes me sad again all the same.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• David Early is dead. RIP.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Jess Franco. Somewhere in NJ, Iggy is also having a sad.

Comment

• Jane Henson, widow of Jim Henson passed away. She helped create some of the Muppets we know & love.
          Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs!

Comment

• RIP Ebert.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• WOW. I figured something was going to happen when his cancer came back and he backed off from writing. Damn shame.

Comment

• Gonna need a few days to process this.
                Originally posted by Ari
                The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Goddamn. Ebert's gone.

I didn't always agree with him, but I always loved reading his thoughts.

He wrote this blog entry two days ago announcing his future plans.

It's a great read, especially since, given what's happened in the 48 hours since, it feels very much like a goodbye letter.
                  sigpic
                  360: JohnnyChopsocky PSN: Stud_Beefpile

Comment

• The thing with Ebert that I always respected is that he never just shat on something without an honest critic. Sure he shat on some things, but he had perfectly valid reasons to do so. I, like some of you did not always agree with him but he always came at films the right way imho.
                    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Carmine Infantino, co-designer of the Flash and one of the architects of the Silver Age of Comics. This one hurts, too, as I used to mainline old DC comics when I was a kid, copying, emulating and studying his drawing style among so many others. Bummer.

Comment

• Aww man. Loved his Flash.

Ebert's Kane commentary for Citizen Kane is one of the best. I'll miss his reviews, especially that one time long ago when he heaped praise on Dark City, giving a wee lad a bit of validation in his appreciation for noirish scifi spectacle (it led me to Blade Runner, reading Huxley and Dick, and enriched my life).
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Siskel was always the better half, but Ebert was an icon.

Infantino is the one out of the recent batch that sucks the worst. He was one of the first guys I could identify by a single panel. He had a weird Liefeldian time with drawing jaws.
                          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                            Infantino is the one out of the recent batch that sucks the worst. He was one of the first guys I could identify by a single panel. He had a weird Liefeldian time with drawing jaws.
                            Definitely see the connection re: his style vs. Liefeld's. Infantino's style was very kinetic and his faces were certainly unique (almost looked a bit squished). Much more of a fan of his earlier style, not so much his Marvel work, though. Still, lots of good stuff during his tenure as publisher at DC - that was a great time to be a fan.

Comment

• Iron rusts away...

Margaret Tatcher.

DEAD.
                              BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Round my part of the world, there's gonna be problems if they give her a state funeral.

Not a lot of love on the social networks from what I've seen and a whole lot of hate - if they give her the Reagan treatment, the country and specifically David Cameron's party is gonna see some serious social unrest.
                                I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

Working...
                                X