Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Currently re-watching Pump Up The Volume. It's gonna be a gusher!
    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Samantha Mathis is hot in that flick, and Christian was the reason I wanted to do a podcast haha.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Did he ever make you want to gleam cubes too? Lulz
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Watching Corpse Bride...not sure how I feel about animated musicals, but this is meh so far...
          Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

• Watched The Descent. My thoughts are that it was effectively creepy and terrifying before the creatures even showed up. But since this was a "monster" movie, I accepted the creatures being there, I just didn't feel they were needed. What I didn't accept was the rules set up for the creatures: they can't see so they hunt by smell? Well, I'm guessing that a group of girls being inside your stinky cave would smell radically different from anything else down there. The girls should have been killed off in seconds.

I could look past that little plot hole and say that the scares were fucking effective and the movie was still good fun, if it wasn't for that fucking logic-rape of an ending. Seriously,
              Spoiler: ! 
            NEVER END YOUR FUCKING MOVIE BY TELLING THE AUDIENCE YOU'VE JUST SPENT 30 MINUTES WATCHING A GOD DAMNED DREAM SEQUENCE.
            Fuck you, Neil Marshall. You had a solid horror film on your hands that you fucking ruined.
            Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
            John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• I liked 'The Descent', but yeah...I would have preferred a movie that didn't go into monster territory. The claustrophobia associated with being trapped underground was terrifying enough.
              Originally posted by Martin
              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
              Originally posted by gravedigger
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
              Originally posted by Martin
              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I preferred The Ruins.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Watched about 3/4s of the new Escape from Witch Mountain. Pretty good entertainment. I think it would make a good companion with Galaxy Quest.
                  "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ari View Post
                    Watched The Descent. My thoughts are that it was effectively creepy and terrifying before the creatures even showed up. But since this was a "monster" movie, I accepted the creatures being there, I just didn't feel they were needed. What I didn't accept was the rules set up for the creatures: they can't see so they hunt by smell? Well, I'm guessing that a group of girls being inside your stinky cave would smell radically different from anything else down there. The girls should have been killed off in seconds.

I could look past that little plot hole and say that the scares were fucking effective and the movie was still good fun, if it wasn't for that fucking logic-rape of an ending. Seriously,
                      Spoiler: ! 
                    NEVER END YOUR FUCKING MOVIE BY TELLING THE AUDIENCE YOU'VE JUST SPENT 30 MINUTES WATCHING A GOD DAMNED DREAM SEQUENCE.
                    Fuck you, Neil Marshall. You had a solid horror film on your hands that you fucking ruined.
                    Fool. Did you watch the original cut? They changed it for American audiences because apparently, we love happy endings.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I would have preferred it if someone made Ted the caver in the style of Blair Witch, along with the viral marketing attached to Cloverfield.
                    The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

• Yeah, I love Ted the caver.

Comment

• Originally posted by nerdious dorkus View Post
                        Fool. Did you watch the original cut? They changed it for American audiences because apparently, we love happy endings.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I would have preferred it if someone made Ted the caver in the style of Blair Witch, along with the viral marketing attached to Cloverfield.
                        Fool x2! My cut didn't have a happy ending. My cut had a bullshit ending that totally flipped the bird to the last 3rd of the film. I didn't see any alternate endings on the DVD either.

Comment

• There's two versions, sucka.

Spoiler: To dream or not to dream. 

The Descent was released in North America with approximately a minute cut from the end. In the American cut, Sarah escapes from the cave and sees Juno, but the film does not cut back to the cave.

The North American Unrated DVD includes the original ending. Recently, the film has been airing on Canada's The Movie Network, which has the original ending. In contrast the American Syfy Channel as recently as October 11, 2009 broadcasted the recut version of Sarah truly escaping with Juno's specter appearing besides Sarah in the SUV.

Comment

• See, the American ending actually works better here.

Comment

• The Descent, like Matt said and you as well, would have been better without any monsters at all. And either ending is fucking stupid.

Comment

• Agreed. As long as it was implied, I think it would have been better. But monster and horror movies need bleak endings. We have enough happy endings in movies already.

Hi, I'm AZN and I don't approve of happy endings.

Comment

Working...
                                X