No announcement yet.

Favorite Halloween Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Always have to watch something from the main horror franchises around this time of year, though I ended up doing seeing the shit out of the Halloween series last week.

Re-Animator is always awesome at this time of year, Suspiria as well, and the first Creepshow (for Stephen King's segment alone(METEOR SHIT!)).

Also: GHOSTBUSTERS.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

I'm watching Slither right now at work. Forgot how awesome Michael Rooker and Nathan Fillion are in this. Also much love for Gregg Henry as MacReady. Good gore, good humor, and great nods to all kinds of horror flicks.

"I don't care about whatkind of leprosy you got!"

*guy cut in half

Awesome.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Need to rewatch that one. Didn't impress me much the first time and everyone seems to love it so.
        Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
        Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
        POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

It's fucking awesome. Give it another chance. IF only for Gregg Henry.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

"I told your secretary to pack Mr. Pibb. It's the only Coke I like."

Oh Gregg Henry. You are too cool for school.

Comment

I have to go with the Halloween flicks, the Friday flicks, The Thing, Suspira is always great, all the Romero zombie flicks, and hopefully I can watch The Stuff this year.
              Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
              John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

"What's a 'ginie?"

"It's a country. Where Ginese people come from."

Fillion was awesome. Love the hell out of that movie.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Hellraiser! Just finished watching it, another to add to the 24/7 being played on cable!
                  "Can't really bench press anything when you're sporting less than an inch, it's common with Asian males... FUCK!" ~ nerdious

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson

Recipient of "The Best Post of the Day Award" : 1

Comment

Hellraiser is great, but the second one is the best.

Watching Dawn of the Dead the original at the moment. Still fucking love this flick. Works for me on every level still. I feel bad for people who don't enjoy this movie.

Much love for Ken Foree. And who can't appreciate a pie fight between bikers and zombies?!

Comment

Just finished watching Day of the Dead. I love this movie to death, but goddamn are all the characters (minus the Doc) annoying as fuck. Sweet gore thought (obviously, go Savini) and it's still my 3rd favorite Dead flick.

Comment

Almost bought the re-make Day of...but decided to buy a hard drive enclosure instead. I will be watching some Return of the Living Dead 1 & 2...maybe some Sleepaway Camp if I can find it...of course the Romero flicks...Halloween 3, silver shamrock bitch!

I would like to show my kids the classic universal monster movies...those are always a treat.
                        Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

Watching The Fly right now. Man, Goldblum is a nut. Really dig this flick, and will be sad the day they remake it. It works too well to be sullied by lame CG and everything.

Comment

Tried watching Day this past weekend without flipping to the commentary track (though I should have gone with the Roger Avary one, as the other was sort of dry (not enough Savini/Romero discussion)).

I ended up flipping to the commentary track.

The characters are okay on paper, but when they keep going at volume 11 with the line-reading, I want to see the zombies burst end and eat them much sooner than they do. The idea of there being a sort of tribal warfare being waged by the last remnants of humanity deserved better than what the flick had to give.

Though it was cool to hear the back story of the actual location they chose to shoot it. Seeing people made up as the undead in that setting would freak me the fuck out too. And Savini's general overview of how he did most of the effects was, as always, a pleasure.
                            Last edited by Captain Russ; 10-20-2008, 12:17 PM.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

So we have people coming over on Halloween night. Ari has lined up The Strangers (out tomorrow on Blu Ray) and The Thing (I've never seen it)
                              "Uh, whose car is that out front?"
                              "Mine. 1970 Pontiac Firebird. The car I've always wanted and now I have it. I rule!"

"Can you feel the love?....Nub Nub...."

Recipient of: The Best Post of the Day Award!: 2

Comment

The Strangers wasn't my bag, but The Thing is too fucking awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                X