• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BABBY'S FIRST SECOND POAST
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
      Them shits ain't happening.

This is the next best thing until them shits happen.

L4D is still around if you want a zombie killin' sim.

I'm just hoping Survival Mode shows up. I mean, I'm just speculatin', but hearing that the Photo Point leveling system is back makes me optimistic.
      I don't want FPS zombie killing. I'm actually kind of burnt out on FPS right now.

What I'd like is Dead rising with a save option at the pause menu so I can stop playing whenever I like.(you know like EVERY GAME OUT NOW) I'd like Dead rising with NO TIMED gaming. It's artificial tension and it makes you rush through things I don't want to rush through. I'd like to take my time killing zombies in new ways and taking pictures of them.

And no it probably won't happen but I'm not hearing a good reason why it shouldn't.
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Not excusing some of the more idiotic mechanics that were a part of the original game, but the whole "hurry the fuck up" thing is sort of established from the premise (unfortunately).

It's an incredibly daunting task in trying to accurately recreate the mounting tension and dread found in the hallmarks of the genre (not zombie games, since they still don't know how to successfully accomplish this), but taking out all of those things and replacing them with a generalized sandbox world sounds incredibly boring.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Hey I'm not the game designer, they are. What I'm saying is find a way to have tension WITHOUT forcing me to watch a fucking timer. I'm not actually asking for total sandbox, ie can go anywhere at any time. Hell make it where you can only get to other areas of the mall by collecting keys, keys off of zombies or in locations hard to get to. Etc..

It's 2011, it's time for the timed missions/quests to go away.
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Sure, that'd be awesome, but it doesn't look like Capcom is going to be the one to veer too much (if at all) away from their chosen formula (much to my and your and pretty much everyone's chagrin).

If it does happen though, I'll buy it in a second. Until then, I'll take Dan Aykroyd racing against the clock and fightin' the undead with goofy-ass improv weapons.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Don't get me wrong. I have played all but Dead Rising 2's main game. Those downloadable ones were enough to enrage me. I want to like the game but I just can't. It's to infuriating.

Comment

Working...
              X