No announcement yet.

New movies undeserving of their own thread 2: The Night It Came Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd rather it not to be honest. didn't it just get pushed back a few months though
    ? I want to see his version as I dig everything Serkis does for the most part.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I want to see what he's talking about in terms of new tech, but it seems like a waste to direct that effort towards this particular IP at this point, considering that the reviews for the new one are fantastic and all signs point to it being a massive hit.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• maybe we'll get a dark and gritty Jungle Book. BRING IT haha
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
          How long before the Serkis version of THE JUNGLE BOOK gets quietly shelved and the tech used for another project?

As far as I know, the live footage is shot and they just have to animate.

What I want to know is when his version of Animal Farm is ever getting off the ground.
          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• that's gonna be amazing

Comment

• Skull Island is gonna be sweet...

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                So word on THE JUNGLE BOOK is absolutely through the roof. 100% on RT so far and the reviews individually are universally glowing.
                Maybe my favorite film this year alongside High-Rise.

This flick alone is $1B in da bank for Disney.
                Originally posted by Ari
                The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Between Zootopia, Jungle Book, Civil War, Finding Dory and Rogue One... yeah best not to fuck with the Mouse.
                  Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                    Maybe my favorite film this year alongside High-Rise.

This flick alone is $1B in da bank for Disney.

I liked The Jungle Book, but it's such a basic adaptation that literally sampled the wealth of every Kipling adaptation to make something that works for literally everyone.

That being said, Idris Elba plays Shere Khan like the first person to ever get the character in the literary sense.
                    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• And the best usage of Bill Murray since, arguably, Kingpin.
                      Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                        And the best usage of Bill Murray since, arguably, Kingpin.

What I love is people bitching about the lack of Baloo and other characters. It's like this version only used about 1/3 - 1/2 of the book. There's plenty of material to mine.

Shit, they still haven't covered the White Seal or Rikki Tikki Tavi.

That being said, I don't normally talk up 3D. But, the 3D in this was just below Life of Pi and Avatar standards. Just ever so slightly. Truly a must-see in 3D.

Comment

• Yeah we first saw it in 2D and it worked great. But its even better in 3D.
                          Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• No Rikki Tikki Tavi? Fuck this movie.

Comment

• LOVED LOVED LOVED the cartoon of Rikki Tikki Tavi.
                              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                              Originally posted by gravedigger
                              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I have no idea what you guys are talking about.

Comment

Working...
                                X