No announcement yet.

Random Shit Dealing With Comics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You know how good the Star Wars Marvel comic is?

Without even being conscious of it, I was reading the book and hearing the original cast and John Williams score without any effort on my part.

Fuck, this feels like it could've dropped in a cinema between 1977-1980 and not missed a beat.
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• isnt this set between ANH and Empire? Or is it Empire and Jedi?
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
        isnt this set between ANH and Empire? Or is it Empire and Jedi?

between ANH and Empire. Luke is still wearing his yellow Yavin IV jacket in it.
        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• Six Gun Gorilla kinda snuck up on me. Jeff Stokely has the "draw skinny dudes and dudettes and put a lot of energetic inks on the page" thing going like Matteo Scalera on Black Science and Sean Murphy.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
            Six Gun Gorilla kinda snuck up on me. Jeff Stokely has the "draw skinny dudes and dudettes and put a lot of energetic inks on the page" thing going like Matteo Scalera on Black Science and Sean Murphy.
            I'm still not won over by Si Spurrier as a writer.

Comment

• I finished that and heard they're collaborating again.

Maybe it'll be less uneven.

Art was still an absolute pleasure to look at for me. Heavy, energetic inking is never not appreciated.

A query: why the hell did they give Joker a hitler youth haircut? Fuck, that book started so well (though with equally questionable shit being done to The Riddler). It's the bowl cut of the new millennium.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                I finished that and heard they're collaborating again.

Maybe it'll be less uneven.

Art was still an absolute pleasure to look at for me. Heavy, energetic inking is never not appreciated.

A query: why the hell did they give Joker a hitler youth haircut? Fuck, that book started so well (though with equally questionable shit being done to The Riddler). It's the bowl cut of the new millennium.

The Joker fucked up his face and body early on in Snyder's run. His hair is growing back.

Thanks to Alfred, he now has to grow back his right cheek and ear.

Comment

• And now it looks like Alf is gonna be serving vichyssoise with one hand.

I miss Glapion's inks.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• So Bobby is gay? Good for him.
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• "...fans who have long speculated about Bobby's sexuality"

Huh. I have never once thought about a superhero's sexual orientation.

Comment

• I think about Savage Dragon's all the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                          So Bobby is gay? Good for him.

It's hard to get mad by the continuity issue that this creates when Secret Wars is about to wipe a ton of shit clean.

That being said, Present Bobby is straight and all about trying to get in Kitty's guts.

Past Bobby is now gay?

So, when in the last 15 years did he start digging pussy? Unless, they want to see he's bi/omnisexual and that would open a new can of worms.

That being said, Bendis has been more miss than hit on the X-Men. Glad to see him go.

Comment

• Shit, I dimly recall a brief moment in time when the Beast was allegedly gay. Iceman possibly being gay was hinted at as well. Felt more like Marvel running said ideas up the flagpole, seeing if anyone saluted, since having Northstar coming out in Alpha Flight worked so well.

Comment

• Can we all agree Spawn is gay?
                              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Youngblood. Team is so gay it should have a boyfriend.

Comment

Working...
                                X