Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Oscars: Does anyone give a shit anymore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Oscars: Does anyone give a shit anymore?

So No Country for Old Men swept up the awards last night. No surprise there from what I've heard about it (will be checking it out on Blu-Ray in 2 weeks). The girl had this on while I was putzing around on my puter last night and it just sounded fucking boring as hell. Also, fuck The Golden Compass for winning over Transformers in the VFX category. That's just messed up. Even Seth Rogan and Jonah Hill weren't funny. How the fuck does that happen?

I really wish that the MTV Movie Awards didn't go down the tubes because for a few years in the beginning it totally kicked the Oscars ass. And yes, I'm serious.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Re: The Oscars: Does anyone give a shit anymore?

The MTV Movie Awards were fucking model hupmingly awesome when they had shit like Jason, Chewbacca, Godzilla, and Clint Howard winning lifetime awards. Then they became commercials for upcoming films. It's like their soul died and the cast of The Hills took over.

As for the Oscars, I watched them. Meh. I was royally pissed when Transformers lost to the fucking Polar Bear Rider. I think this is the first year I've not seen a single film nominated for best picture. I want to see them all, but I just haven't yet.
    Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
    John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

I'm the same way Ari. The girl and I just stopped going to movies (and that's more of my own issues with theaters than hers) so I have yet to see alot of movies this year. I figure that's what Netflix, an HD set and 5.1 setup are for. Fuck the lines, fuck the annoying people, fuck the prices, and fuck the uncomfortable seats.

And seeing Chewie and Jason get those awards was fucking fantastic.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

I still like going to the movies, but it has become a lot bigger pain in the ass the past few years. I wouldn't have mind seeing No Country or There Will be Blood, but convincing my friends can sometimes be difficult. And having an HD set and 5.1 surrond at home sure as hell does help keep my ass planted on the couch. Now all I needs is a Blu Ray player...

Comment

The PS3 man, the PS3. It's calling you and wants you to pick up the goddamn phone.

Comment

Please don't tempt me, you cruel, cruel man.

Comment

Haha. You know, to be completely honest, I was only sold on the PS3 for Blu-Ray. But.....after playing some games and reading up on Home and some of their other plans, it's a fucking dope system. Plus, you don't need to worry about the redrings!!!! Woo!!

But I have also read about rumors that Microsoft is coming out with a Blu-Ray 360. And not an add-on either. But a whole new system. But it's just a rumor.

Comment

I would be very suprised if MS put out a Blu Ray X-Box, with Blu being Sony's technology. I could see a Blu add on, and I hope they do make a decently priced Blu Ray add on, but a brand new X-Box doesn't seem right.

Comment

That's exactly what I thought. But you know how these video game blogs are...

*cough*goldeneye XBLA*cough*

Comment

The Goldeneye thing really pisses me off. After seeing that pic of the revamped graphics, I finally thought we'd have some Goldeneye greatness again. Look, I love Nintendo's idea of the virtual console, but sometimes old games can use an improvement or two. Goldeneye on the Wii would be the N64 version and thats it. Old graphics I can live with, but no online play would make the game little more than a fun nostalgia trip. X-Box could make the game fresh and exciting again, so Nintendo just has to let it go. Let the X-Box have Goldeneye and Perfect Dark, it's not like Wii is hurting for cash right now.

Comment

Maybe Spike really is in the know on this, as he claims Kotaku is lying and his source is good to go. But honestly, I love Goldeneye as much as the next guy, but I have a feeling nostalgia would wear off quickly on this one. Unless they also did some AI tweaking, the single player wouldn't be much fun. As for multiplayer, it could be fun, but I think the game was so much fun because your friends were in the room with you playing. "SCREEN LOOKER!!" *punch* And Nintendo can't release it on the Wii. The politics are so jacked on this one.

Comment

I hope he's right too, cause I needs me some proximity mine battles asap! Still, it is kinda scary thinking about the game being teh suck in this day and age. I remember hours of fun and greatness, and if it's anything less than that, then I'd consider it a dissapointment.

Comment

Working...
                        X