No announcement yet.

Geek things you don't get

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Silence/Forrest is the fourth series. Blink is in the third series. Human Nature is from the third series.

Also, there's The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances from Series 1.
    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Blind allegiance to SciFi channel shows merely because they are on SciFi. Or SyFy, whatever the fuck. *Disclaimer: I have not seen a single episode of the new Battlestar Galactica.

Joss Whedon. Period. Although I do like that he currently looks like an insane hobo. I watched probably four or five full seasons of Buffy and I still don't understand why the show is so loved.

Comment

Wow, you really should check out BSG if you dig SciFi. One of the better shows in the last 10 years imo.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
          *Disclaimer: I have not seen a single episode of the new Battlestar Galactica.
          I used to have this friend I would banter with online. He's dead to me now.

Seriously. Get on that stat! Just Netflix the mini. If you aren't hooked after that, then you won't ever get into the show.
          We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
          - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I never tried Battlestar because a)it was a SciFi original show and b) it was Battlestar Galactica. I really do need to get a Netflix subscription, though. I think it'd be worth it just for all the TV shows I could burn through while I work out. I figure my $10/month (or whatever it is) Netflix subscription will make up for the bajillion magazines my wife subscribes to.

Plus I'll be able to participate in the 360 party viewing thing when it goes live on August 11.

Comment

Gotta echo not getting what is so great about BSG.
              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Have you watched it?
                We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Exactly. Just saying, check out the mini series. Honestly, if that doesn't hook you in, you don't like Science Fiction.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Grave - I am not into SciFi, but I loved Battlestar. Definitely give it a chance.
                    If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

Originally posted by Hbarr View Post
                      Have you watched it?
                      Originally posted by Rob View Post
                      Exactly. Just saying, check out the mini series. Honestly, if that doesn't hook you in, you don't like Science Fiction.
                      I watched like three episodes and I just could not get into it. I tried, I really really did.
                      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

LARP'ing.
                        Last edited by nerdious dorkus; 07-26-2009, 11:00 PM.
                        The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

Originally posted by nerdious dorkus View Post

What's not to get?

Comment

Originally posted by Hbarr View Post
                            I'll start (and this is a big one). Watchmen. Never read the comic (I was a Marvel guy). They hype kept me from the movie theaters when it came out. Bought it yesterday and STILL don't get it. Not bad but not the 2nd coming of Christ either. Also, sooooo long. I have no trouble with the LOTR EE, but had to take a break at the 2 hour mark.

It is the second coming. The book, not the film. The book is the 4-color second coming of 80s super cocaine Jesus.

You don't have to understand it, just accept it.
                            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Geek Shit that I don't understand

Buffy
                              Star Trek: Enterprise
                              Dressing up as characters for public events
                              World of Warcraft
                              The Apple Love Cult
                              Homestar Runner
                              Geek themed weddings
                              Television anime
                              Most Manga
                              Wrestling fans
                              Role-playing games
                              Hobby Shops
                              and a galaxy of others
                              My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Originally posted by B_MetalSucks View Post
                                I watched like three episodes and I just could not get into it. I tried, I really really did.
                                Did you watch the entire mini series? I didn't think I was going to like it until after I watched that from beginning to end.
                                If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

Working...
                                X