No announcement yet.

New iPhone, Fuck Yeah.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I do miss the iPhone because it can do everything - except hold a call. For a long-time Apple user such as myself, I loved it - frankly, no matter how awesome they keep making it, it's a great device for people like me who aren't tech-saavy - it's very easy to use. But this AT&T bullshit has got to go before I'd ever go back.

Now my Storm 2? I do love it. As far as a fun-gadget goes, I don't love it as much as the iPhone. But telephone-wise, I love it 100% more than the iPhone. However, in a year and a half or whenever when I'm eligible to upgrade, I think I will go after whatever version of the Droid is around.
    2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• I just heard from Walletpop that Motorola was going to release a new form of the Droid. This makes sense because Droids right now are on discount.
      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Yeah, MotoDroid 2 and another Motorola Droid phone are allegedly coming next month. I think it's Gizmodo that has a few leaked pictures up.

Comment

• You'd be right, that's where the links were from.

Plus the new Droid was discovered in a gym of all places.

*Looks at Jake*

Comment

• I will be pre-ordering on June 15th. On June 24th or when I am able to get mine I will post my hands on review. So far I am impressed by the iPhone 4 and it will be a nice upgrade from my current iPhone 3G. Anyone else that is looking for the latest and greatest but not down with AT&T take a look at the HTC EVO or the Nokia N8. Both are great phones in comparison with the iPhone 4. The Nokia N8 is not for sale just yet though, and I don't know the release date. The rumor is August 24th.

Comment

• I decided I'm not upgrading. The last two (3Gs and now 4) iPhones have just been playing catch up on a hardware basis. Being on AT&T is neutering things that could make the iPhone reach it's potential (limiting data and allowing so much only over wifi). I don't think it's a bad phone, not at all, but Apple has made it clear they have no desire to be bleeding edge. They are just going to refine what other people are doing and put their massive marketing muscle behind it. And when the network fails to connect during the coming out party of the biggest cell phone on the planet, well nothing else needs to be said about AT&T's network.

I'm really looking forward to Android 2.2 and what new phone comes directly from Google with it. I was reading earlier today about how you will want to stay away from Android phones layered with the custom UIs (HTC Sense, etc) because that delays the Android updates, whereas the Nexus One is going to get 2.2 day one because there isn't engineering around those custom skins.

If I didn't have the 3Gs, or if the 3Gs was never released, this would feel like a huge leap. It's not. And the front facing camera/chat is so fucking offensive. They held it out of the iPads solely to milk that refresh next spring.

Comment

• Sorry Billy, iPhone 4 dominates iPhone 3GS

Comment

• It's better, but dominates? Hardly. There is nothing there worth a $300 upgrade 12 months after my last $300 upgrade.

Comment

• Big deal,

At this point and with the lack of phone usage I have. I was born a StarTac man and I'll die a StarTac man.

Comment

• Apple's massive marketing?

Weird people who jump around to horrible songs while wearing painfully bright clothing?

I'd rather hear Lance Hendrikson forcefully tell me "what Droidâ„¢ DOES!"...

Comment

• LOL Ed, you proudly fail. That makes me laugh. Thanks!

Billy, I think the difference between you and I, is that I need to have the latest and greatest. You seem more reserved, and can wait till Apple releases the "iPhone 4G" this time next year. I can understand that because I started with the iPhone 2G and then got the 3G to improve signal for calls, but could not justify the 3GS for some hardware updates. This time I want the hardware!

Lisa, this might be interesting for you. I would wait till the official field reports come out after the 24th.

Comment

• Actually no, I am definitely a latest and greatest and early adopter on all kinds of technology. Apple just isn't doing much to impress me, and frankly, I'm coming to my senses. Apple isn't the latest and greatest. The latest and greatest is coming from Android. This will be the first iPhone I skip.

Comment

• I'm sure you will be happy you did skip it. I have a feeling that the 4G networks will be active from the big 2 (AT&T and Verizon) this time next year and that means an upgrade for the next iPhone. And that iPhone will be able to make video calls over the 4G (LTE) network.

Comment

• (looks down at his cheap Motorola phone...contemplates an upgrade...realizes that his phone does everything that he needs it to do).

Yeah, I'll pass.
                              Originally posted by Martin
                              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                              Originally posted by gravedigger
                              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                              Originally posted by Martin
                              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Thanks, Phat - I appreciate that, but nope. I don't trust "this should solve the problem". The cell phone problems in NYC will be solved by not going with AT&T.
                                2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

Working...
                                X