New iPhone, Fuck Yeah.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
    I've heard that being the case, but I hear Verizon has the best overall service.
    Your one of those people that lets a commercial tell you what to buy. Your a marketing firms wet dream.

Fact: Verizon has the most 3G coverage.

Fact: AT&T has faster 3G coverage with the Edge network to back up phone calls. That means if I don't have 3G I still have service, except for my bomb shelter.

Comment

• Actually, I meant customer service.
      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Well there ya go.

Still, the new HTC droid has some nice stuff going for it.
        Yes, the Incredible is a great phone. It really comes down to what works best for the end user. The Nokia N8 is the next smart phone to get in the ring with the iPhone and get it's ass kicked. Steve Job's is pwning every phone make. Google is the only one that has come close to a win.

Comment

• That chart looks odd. AT&T has the most people on their network, with Verizon in a close second. It would make sense that the more people you have the more complaints you will get. Verizon it pulling in way to good of numbers to make that believable.

Comment

• I can vouch for how awful AT&T service is in NY - just the worst. When it's not actively dropping calls, it's just scratchy and all static. Verizon's been awesome to be back with - they're more expensive than AT&T, but the savings isn't worth it if I can't use the iPhone as an actual phone. My Storm 2's been fine, and maybe when it's time to upgrade, I'll give whatever new version of the Droid a try. But AT&T and Apple are giving me zero reason to go back to the iPhone.
            Last edited by Lisa; 05-11-2010, 11:10 AM.
            2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• That's what it's all about Lisa! Thank you! You did your homework and you found what suites you best. I find it sad when someone wants an iPhone as a fucking status symbol. It's a phone if the service provider can not take care of that in your local area then you should not bitch about it just change service. The service provider will hear that loud and clear. We need more consumers like you!

Comment

• Thanks, Phat! It was funny, too, when I decided to give up the iPhone - it really is such a little status symbol. People were horrified, and that's no exaggeration. "You're giving up your IPHONE?" Like, complete with gasps and pearl-clutching. And I'd say, yes, I am - when it can hold a call as well as a Verizon phone can, then I'll go back. It's a great, fantastic little gadget, but as long as Apple is with AT&T, it sucks as a phone. And I say this every single time people act all mortified - I have two elderly parents - Dad's almost 83, and Mom is 79 - neither of whom is in fantastic shape. My phone - be it iPhone, Storm 2, or any other - is my only phone, because, like many other people have done lately, I gave up my home phone last year. It was a useless expense, and I don't need two numbers. But that means the phone I tote around with me at all times had better fucking work. I don't want any of this dropped calls shit when a family emergency could pop up at any time given my folks' ages. A status symbol doesn't help me if my father falls and breaks a hip and my sister can't reach me.
                2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

Comment

• Funny mentioning Verizon being pricey. I noticed Sprint was about $20 less and they included data. But I have never heard a good word about them.

Comment

• Sprint was good in NY, but pretty expensive back when I had just a regular phone. More than Verizon at that time. Not sure if they'd be a better deal with something like a smart phone or a blackberry.

Comment

• Sprint has some pretty amazing deals right now...but I refuse to leave AT&T...they have been great for me.
                      Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

• That's true, they don't really have much in the way of smartphones at the moment. They have the "4G" phone in the summer. But I don't need that much power.

Comment

That's true, they don't really have much in the way of smartphones at the moment. They have the "4G" phone in the summer. But I don't need that much power.
                          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Hell, I don't even need a smart phone. But it's the going trend and having the GPS would be great.

Plus, camera function

Comment

• Here be da new iPhone...

http://www.cnn.com/2010/TECH/mobile/...ex.html?hpt=C1

They forgot to mention the part where Jobs said, "And you Verizon-using motherfuckers are still out in the cold. HAAA HHAAAAAHAAAA!!!" Maybe they'll show that part on CNN tonight...

Comment

• Oh man, love that the connection shit the bed and he made everyone shut off their laptops/mobile devices so he could get a connection during the demo. iMovie looks awesome, but why charge for it? The new phone is sexy (which we knew months ago, thanks Gizmodo) but nothing that makes me want to run out and buy it as opposed to an Android or stick with my current one.

Comment

Working...
                                X