No announcement yet.

Iron Man 2: Electric Boogaloo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All I know is that any scene with the armor made me feel like a giddy 12-year-old.
    Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
    Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
    POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

I don't get the "boring second act" thing either. I thought this flick was fucking great. Way more entertaining to me than Kick Ass.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Bentley View Post
        The hate this movie is getting astounds me.
        I didn't hate the film, I just found it boring and a little bit dumb (as did my cat). They seemed to drain what little drama there was in the film out of the film as soon as they could do so. Tony Stark is dying! But wait, SHIELD knows this all along, and makes everything better! And the element that Tony's dad was working on that he had to hide in a Warhammer 40k terrain mock-up? TOTALLY the cure for his illness!

As much as I don't want to link to the Tree of Woe, the Sam Strange Remembers... Iron Man 2 encapsulates much of what I found dumb about the movie.

FREE ADMISSION: I am not an Avengers fan, nor do I think the Thor movie has any hope of being good. In a (Marvel) universe where they've introduce magic and aliens, I could never suspend my disbelief to cover adding gods into the mix too. My only hope of being entertained is that the religious right loses their shit and protests the movie.

I think the problem is that Iron Man is just not that interesting of a character, and his menagerie of villains is a little bit lame. I full accept any piss I will get for having these opinions.
        <sigh> FACEBOOK - MY WEBSITE

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
          I didn't hate the film, I just found it boring and a little bit dumb (as did my cat). They seemed to drain what little drama there was in the film out of the film as soon as they could do so. Tony Stark is dying! But wait, SHIELD knows this all along, and makes everything better! And the element that Tony's dad was working on that he had to hide in a Warhammer 40k terrain mock-up? TOTALLY the cure for his illness!

As much as I don't want to link to the Tree of Woe, the Sam Strange Remembers... Iron Man 2 encapsulates much of what I found dumb about the movie.

FREE ADMISSION: I am not an Avengers fan, nor do I think the Thor movie has any hope of being good. In a (Marvel) universe where they've introduce magic and aliens, I could never suspend my disbelief to cover adding gods into the mix too. My only hope of being entertained is that the religious right loses their shit and protests the movie.

I think the problem is that Iron Man is just not that interesting of a character, and his menagerie of villains is a little bit lame. I full accept any piss I will get for having these opinions.

Here's the thing about the Thor movie. It runs ever-so close to doing what Ang Lee's Hulk did.

Yet, it has broad strokes in it to tap into the mainstream. But, Branagh has gone on record saying that it was trying to make the superhero equivalent of "Wings of Desire".

Back to IM 2, people who shit on this film are beyond me. There were no second act problems, there were no weird edits and the only downside was questionable cinematography.

What the fuck more do you people want?
          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Originally posted by Commandant Lassard View Post
            Back to IM 2, people who shit on this film are beyond me. There were no second act problems, there were no weird edits and the only downside was questionable cinematography.

What the fuck more do you people want?
            I never complained about any of those things. It didn't engage me enough to drill down into minute details of second act chicanery. I found it boring and forced (and somewhat dumb) throughout. I mean, the bar is lower because of the kind of film that it is (summer action-adventure), but yeah.

Comment

Dumb question (I'm not a comic nerd), but was that actually Cap's Shield?
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

The only thing I didn't like was how easy Whiplash was defeated. But it was still STREETS AHEAD of the final fight from the first one.

Comment

Yea, my only really annoying complaint was the final fight. A bit more time spent seeing Whiplash making the suit, and a bit more out of that fight would have been much appreciated.

Comment

The only thing I didn't like was how easy Whiplash was defeated. But it was still STREETS AHEAD of the final fight from the first one.

Well, he got killed in the comics by Tony's sentient armor. But, this movie version is weird.

They call him Whiplash, but in all honesty the character is really The Crimson Dynamo.

The weird changes still make me think that a creator or two didn't sign off on something.
                    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

Yeah I think it was the prototype of CAP's shield, as in the Ultimates, the shield was developed by scientists working with SHIELD/Military. I can't remember if StarkFather was the one who made it, but that is a nice tie-in actually.

Comment

It seemed like a prototype. Cap still had his shield when he was found in the comics, he didn't lose it in the blast.

Plus, it's an adamantium/vibranium alloy and it wouldn't be broken like that. What makes me wonder if they're changing it for the films is because FOX owns the movie rights to adamantium.

Yeah, for real.

Comment

Dude, the guy doesn't even have a helmet in the first appearance. If only there had been a cop with a gun that could have shot him!! I guess cops in France use Baguettes instead of pistols?

Comment

You fucking bastards...

You've spoiled EVERYTHING for me!

I could not see this now if I wanted to!

Comment

Originally posted by Commandant Lassard View Post
                              It seemed like a prototype. Cap still had his shield when he was found in the comics, he didn't lose it in the blast.

Plus, it's an adamantium/vibranium alloy and it wouldn't be broken like that. What makes me wonder if they're changing it for the films is because FOX owns the movie rights to adamantium.

Yeah, for real.
                              Or it could be that the prototype was made out of normal metal, they realized it wouldn't be good enough, and that's why that particular prototype got junked. I sincerely hope that can't use adamantium for the reasons you mention. That affects Ultron, certain Doctor Doom plotlines, lots of crazy crap!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                                Or it could be that the prototype was made out of normal metal, they realized it wouldn't be good enough, and that's why that particular prototype got junked. I sincerely hope that can't use adamantium for the reasons you mention. That affects Ultron, certain Doctor Doom plotlines, lots of crazy crap!

FOX has creative content rights to the term adamantium and onscreen use until 2014/2015...for real.

Comment

Working...
                                X