No announcement yet.

Braindead Radio Episode 20: The Roosevelt Conundrum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Randall, welcome to spoilertown. We're conveniently located next to Hockentown.
    The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

Dude, you can't spoil NOES. Child Killer burns up, terrorizes teens, teens die, Freddy "dies". Rinse, repeat like the other flicks.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Russ View Post
        ...the 13 remake did solid numbers...

I thought it barely broke even?
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Meatdrapes View Post
          Dude, you can't spoil NOES. Child Killer burns up, terrorizes teens, teens die, Freddy "dies". Rinse, repeat like the other flicks.
          Spoiler alert!!!

Comment

Way past even, movie made $91 Million.
            "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

And yes, you can spoil NOES. Look at Ed. In fact, let us all look at Ed.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                Well fuck. Then it has to come down to the fact that the reviews were mostly garbage. But still. They could make a new on for under 20 million easily.

Comment

Brought in $91 million. As far as how much money it actually made (after expense), who knows? Budgeted for $19 million but that movie looked a little pricier than that....plus advertising and print costs.
                  We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                  - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Randall View Post
                    Nerdious I swear I will fucking reach through the internet and murder you if you say one more word about the NOES remake! That was almost a spoiler you bastard! SPOILER!!!

Also, I had a great time watching Kick-Ass. Enjoyed its version of "reality" much more than Watchmen's wire-fu, slo-mo, plastic armor, and no one aging noticably over the course of like 4 decades bullshit.
                    Different strokes for different folks. I vastly prefer Watchmen to Kick-Ass. Also, I hope you dug your theme music. That's the only time I'll use somebody's request for their music.

Comment

Thanks dude. I dug the hell out of it.

Comment

I agree with liking Watchmen over Kick-Ass. Still, Kick-Ass made the source material WAY less mean spirited.
                        "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Also, according to Ed we didn't' answer your question. What was your question again? We were just loving the epic rant about LOST.

Comment

Enjoyed the latest episode, Rob! I gotta agree with you on Superbad (maybe I have to watch it again, but I really don't get the hype for this), and with regards to Kick-Ass, the "superheroes in the real world" thing died a couple of minutes into the picture for me. Closest we'll get to that is arguably The Dark Knight, but Kick-Ass, as mindless entertainment, was fun for fun's sake.

NOES? I'm there just to see Haley do his thing, and see how creative the kills are going to be. I'm more of a Friday the 13th fan anyway.

Comment

Thanks man! Greatly appreciated. I too am amped more for Haley's performance than the movie, but I was always a Freddy fan. Way more so than a Jason fan.

Comment

No real question, just a rant. I'll try and work in an actual question next time.

Comment

Working...
                                X