Brain Dead Radio Episode 45: The Day The Music Died

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brain Dead Radio Episode 45: The Day The Music Died

Rob and Ceej try something different this time in regards to the background music by not having any. They check in with "The Ed Hocken Show", celebrate a birthday, and check out 'Super 8' (SPOILERS 13:05-26:30). They discuss their favorite Spielberg flicks, Rob becomes Jeff Fahey and loves it, and Ceej has problems with Sony. Then, VOICEMAIL!
    No Music = I'll still listen because the music didn't make the casts
    55.56%
    No Music = sucks
    0.00%
    No Music = I understand why you removed it
    33.33%
    No Music = fuck it, put the music back in
    11.11%
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Can't hear shit cap'n!! I tried several methods and it's just not opening/downloading for me.
    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

my bad. Should work now.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Yes. Corrected situation FTW!
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Listened to a bit of it, it's different without music. But not having it doesn't harm the show. I also enjoyed your comments on the new intro and you're right, it does make me seem like I have a talking head political show.
          "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

"Ehhh, I don't trust the government." Lulz
            "Which means I'm coming back in style" lulz
            "I took a bunch in the mouth for you" "I got you a card" Lulz

Also Rob totally was looking for Ceej replacements. Lulz

Giant mutated down syndrome Locke? Total win.

Ok so far the music missing isn't huge but if it's gone on voice mail? I will be a sad.

Comment

It's there for the voicemails.
              "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Ehh, that's not the music I'm talking about. I R sad. But I get it. You guys do what you gotta do. Good episode. And Ceej finally having a viable excuse for not watching something was one for the record books.

Comment

It's confusingly insulting and flattering to have my intros mocked but then criticized for not having more of myself in them. Bwah??

Anyway, the styles are mostly intentional. Hopefully no one thought using the Duke Nukem theme seriously. Also did anyone recognize the source of the new intro music?

Useless trivia: Bruce Tim, Glen Murakami (the dude who did Ben 10) and Dwayne McDuffy were customers at a store I used to work at. I got hooked up with a number for WB animation to schedule an interview, and couldn't get an appointment because the receptionist was a complete cunt.

"Shout of to my bookshelf." Amazing.
                  Last edited by Randall; 06-20-2011, 12:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                    I also enjoyed your comments on the new intro and you're right, it does make me seem like I have a talking head political show.
                    It totally sounds like an intro to a show on FOX NEWS. And Randall, ADD SOME OF YOUR QUOTES to the show. You're the co-host for the most part. I have a bunch of quotes from you that I used for the "Best of the TEHS" skit we did. And it's from Duke? Awesome. We couldn't place it.

Comment

Fuck turning 30. It's so bad. I've had this pressing feeling on my chest since I hit it. If I don't own a sports car by 40 I'm gonna just walk off a ledge.

And Kids In The Hall - you totally got it when it was deal of the day on Amazon didn't you!?

Comment

I actually didn't. I picked it up at Best Buy. And yeah, the big three zero is freaking me out.

Comment

Ah, I saw the whole KITH on Amazon gold box and my loins ached for it. Wanted so bad. You are a good friend Mr. Hughes.

If you dug the kids and the children film making in Super 8 check out Son of Rambow IMMEDIATELY. It's so great.

Comment

Ceej doesn't like the songs in Animaniacs? WTF then you don't like Animaniacs!

EDIT: Raiders. All day Raiders. I stand by the reveal of Indy being the single coolest shot in cinema history.

Comment

Yeah, I didn't get the "THE SONGS SUCKED" in Animaniacs thing. Like you said, that was the majority of the show. And Raiders > Temple easily.

Comment

Working...
                              X