No announcement yet.

500 Favorite Foods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess I'm the odd one. On a cheap steak I'm using spicy BBQ sauce, very conservatively. On a good steak, that fucker is dry except for the blue cheese crumbles.

Comment

• I only use it on beef and noodles.
      Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
      Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
      POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• I am with you billy- I am a no sauce kind of gal but I will be taking some sauteed mushrooms and onions on that steak.

Comment

• No steak sauce for me, you barbarians! Who would put sauce on an innocent, lovely steak? Salt... just some salt, and NOM it on down the hatch!
          2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• I use a sauce called Devil's Spit when I eat steak. I just put a bit on the plate, never on top of the steak.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Well, you have to use sauce on cheap cuts of meat! How else can you gag that shit down? The sauce is basically tasty Astroglideâ„¢!

Jeez... bunch of damn food snobs in here!

Comment

• HP's good, but a little too fruity for my taste. I like that A.1. is more salty/savory/spicy.

And Heinz 57 is good on fries, because it's like spicy ketchup. But a good jalapeno or habanero ketchup is better still. Hard to find in the Northeast, though.
                I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Love A1. Love it. HP is better for pork I think. Still like A1 better. Don't rip out my spleen. Thanks.
                  Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                  Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                  POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• 203. Kosciuszko Spicy Brown Mustard Two words: FUCK. GULDEN'S. In the ear. Sure, it'll do if you're out at a restaurant, because they're not likely to have Kosciuszko on hand, & Gulden's is definitely better than yellow ball park French's style shit (for everything but pushcart pretzels). But when you're home, and you have the choice, THIS shit is the best mustard in the universe. THE best. Spicy, zesty & flavorful, it doesn't burn the tongue. There is simply nothing better on hot dogs, sandwiches or corned beef. They make a beer mustard in a gray jar with a green label, but it's a little hard to find. That, too is awesome, but the original is still the best. Try both if you can, & you'll definitely thank me later.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• 204. Heinz Tomato Ketchup Keeping with the condiment theme, is there a better ketchup on the planet? At least, one available in stores, that is? No, there is not. Just the right amount ov vinegar and sweet versus savory spices, nothing goes better w/ a slab of meatloaf or some big, fat steak fries, IMO. You can disagree, if you want to.

But you'd be wrong.

Comment

• 205. Maggie Oster's Flavored White Wine Vinegar I love vinegar in general. But add herbs and hot peppers, and steep it in a cool dark place for two weeks? It takes on a whole new dimension of flavor. The recipe is collected in the Uber threads, if you're interested. Great on bready things, like garlic bread or calzones, or for dipping egg rolls (a Filipino practice I picked up years ago; never eat egg rolls w/o vinegar any more). I've tried other recipes, but this one is my favorite.

Comment

• 206. Cheez It Snack Crackers Accept no imitations! The original Cheez It is the best. I can munch on hese things til they run out (and often do). A mellow yet hearty cheddar flavor, and impeccably crispy (as opposed to the often soggy Cheez Nips imitators). I mean, does it get any better?

Comment

• Actually it does, in the form of 207. White Cheddar Cheez Its VT white cheddar is my favorite kind of cheddar, so I guess it follows a cracker flavored with it would be my favorite cheddar flavored cracker. Sharp and tangy, if a little less crispy, owing to the powder they're coated with (which I presume is sprayed on in a semi liquid form after baking), they edge out their orange brethren by a narrow but perceptible margin.

Comment

• 208. Hot and Spicy Cheez It's They're Cheez its, but spicy with the addition of Tobasco sauce. 'Nuff said.

Comment

• 209. Italian Rose's Fresh Salsa
                                Light spice, incredibly fresh tasting, a wonderful garlic hit, all held together with a little citrus bite from lemon juice. I can only find this stuff at Sams Club, and it's worth the 40 bucks a year membership just to be able to buy it.
                                "DO. DO lots of cocaine. DO."
                                - Relationship Guru Matt.

Check out my music, if you please:
                                http://soundcloud.com/musicisgreen
                                http://cmillermusic.tumblr.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X