No announcement yet.

500 Favorite Foods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was going to add enchiladas to the list myself. Cheese, chicken, verde, al carbon, Tejanos, all of them are amazing. I do not think for one second I make a false claim when I say Houston is the enchilada capitol of the world. Anyone that comes to visit will get an enchilada tour.

These are pretty good, at Molina's. Sadly, Leo's is no longer with us. That was always my favorite until they closed years ago. Spanish Flowers is pretty fucking great as well, but it's a REALLY popular spot and tables take forever. If you find yourself in Austin (or Houston) avoid Chuy's. In fact, avoid Tex Mex in Austin as a whole. But Chuy's is the most overrated place and has mediocre as fuck enchiladas.

Now, if you guys want the recipe for legit fucking enchiladas, look up Rob Walsh and find his cookbooks. This guy has spent his entire career championing Tex Mex and is pretty much responsible for making the distinction between Tex Mex and Mexican food made outside of Texas. He is a god.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post

"Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• 53. Cantaloupe. Nothing else on earth tastes quite like it. I can (& last Friday night, did) devour an entire melon myself at a sitting. Love, love LOVE this stuff. I miss the Snapple Ralph's Cantaloupe Cocktail more than words can express.
        I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• 54. Barbacoa

Yea, most of ya'll are about to flip out. But some barbacoa and lengua is some of the most delicious real Mexican food you'll ever have. Long as it is the real deal, not the bullshit store bought barbacoa. If it ain't cow head, it ain't legit.

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/eating...d_barbacoa.php

Comment

• I eat "Barbocoa" but I know it's not cow head.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Yea, that's the bullshit fake stuff. Find the real deal and it will change your goddamn life. Barbacoa soup with some scrambled eggs con chorizo and a big glass of horchata. MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN no better way to start your day.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horchata

Comment

• FFFFuuuuuuuuuu

Comment

• I keep telling you. Escape the cold. Come to Texas. Eat like man is meant to.

Comment

• Lesley and I have thought about it.

Comment

• You would trade extreme cold for heat. Just pointing that out.

However, your swarthy latin charms would come rolling back.
                      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                        However, your swarthy latin charms would come rolling back.
                        THE RETURN OF ROBERTO HUGHGUEZ.
                        "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                        *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                          Lesley and I have thought about it.
                          I'll dye my pecker and Jungle Penetrate you. Also, I need a new friend here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Vanderhuge View Post
                            THE RETURN OF ROBERTO HUGHGUEZ.
                            Don't forget his tough as nails, man of the streets friend Jacobo Escobedo.

And his sassy scoundral associate, Eduardo Hockenes.
                            "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Billy: Do you ever hit Papasito's down there in Texas? We used to LOVE that place.
                              Originally posted by Martin
                              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                              Originally posted by gravedigger
                              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                              Originally posted by Martin
                              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Horchata is the shit.

But sorry, Texas < Montreal. Except you have good BBQ. We don't.
                                BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Working...
                                X