No announcement yet.

World Cup South Africa- SPOILER TAG OUTCOMES PLZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Belushi's revenge is at it again. IN A HUGE WAY!
    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Man tried to go for M. Bison's supermove.

He did not make it.

Comment

• I have to say, I'm no fan of John Terry's. I know I've registered this before. But the man showed commitment in that GIF Smash posted that I just can't disapprove of. Balls of the highest order. He went up a little in my estimation with that one gesture, unorthodox though it was.
          "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Currently 0-0 in the Portgual-off.

Comment

• That, my friends, is what we call a stinker. Last night's five-a-side match involving some of my school friends, my brother, and myself had more passion and commitment.
              "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• EDIT: SPOILERS TO FOLLOW...

Comment

•   Spoiler: USA/Ghana 
                  Genuinely sad for the U.S. I was rooting for them (as I was throughout the group stages.) When Donovan's inch perfect penalty pinged in, I really thought the tide was turning in the States' favour. They looked confident and created chances with relative ease. Sadly, they didn't take just one more of them.

There's no shame in that defeat, though. They kept the ball better than England have throughout the entire competition and showed some real heart and discipline to stick at it 'til the final whistle. Plenty of other teams would have thrown the head up and started getting bad-tempered under those circumstances (Ghana's blatant time-wasting towards the end certainly would've wound me up.)

Comment

• WHAT. A. GAME?!?!

It had almost everything. Goals. Great goals. Spectacular crossbar rattlers. High drama. Bizarre tactical decisions (bringing on Shaun Wright-Phillips and Emile Heskey when the chips are down) and gorgeous German girls in the stands.

If anyone watches that match and doesn't see what makes football The Beautiful Game, it's pulse-checking time.

Spoiler: GERMANY/ENGLAND SPOILAZ FOLLOW! 
                    Of course, it's easy to say that as a "neutral"... well, as neutral as an Ulsterman can get while watching Germany play England (I sent a friend a message that read verbatim "BIG KLOSE!!! GOOOOOAAAALLLL!!!" after #1 went in.) The English are entitled to be absolutely livid that replay technology didn't come to their rescue today. No-one can begrudge them that.

Comment

• Those referees sure decided how the game would end. That + the Argentinian debacle ain't good for the sport. No replays? Fuck that.
                      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• I never understood the "NO REPLAYS" mentality in any game. Here's a technology that would help you in refereeing. Why in the fuck would you say no?

Comment

• In their eyes, it takes power from them. The NFL refs had similar issues when they brought the IR into the rules. Unlike the NFL, however... FIFA has no real backbone, and will not press the issue.

Comment

• I just realized something:

The National Flag of Chile:

The Texas state flag:

Coincidence?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                              I never understood the "NO REPLAYS" mentality in any game.
                              Originally posted by V View Post
                              In their eyes, it takes power from them.
                              There's also the (ridiculous) argument that video replay technology shouldn't be introduced unless it will be implemented at all levels of the game. An argument that, effectively, argues that a Sunday League match or Portmuck Rovers Vs. FC Shamrock Surprise is as important as a Champions League or World Cup Quarter Final.

It's a lousy excuse that tries to disguise the financial concerns bound up with the issue.

It's also been suggested that video replays would "disrupt" the flow of the game. Considering how most every channel can pull up footage and get a definite, correct answer on most every situation within moments, I fail to see the validity of that concern, too.

This kind of stuff was all hashed out again after the Henry handball debacle against Ireland and now it's hotting up because England were involved.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                                I just realized something:

The National Flag of Chile:

The Texas state flag:

Coincidence?
                                The Chilean flag is a representation of several things. The star represents progress and honor, the blue square represents the sky, the white band represents the snow on the top of the Andean mountain range and the red band represents the blood spilled in gaining independence.

For the Lone Star Flag of Texas - The blue stands for loyalty, the white red for bravery and the white for purity.

There the similarities end, it is purely coincidence as to why they are alike.

Incidentally North Carolina has a similar flag, in opposite colors.

Comment

Working...
                                X