Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People  

Go Back   Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People > General Category > Video Games

Video Games We play them, and we know you do. Discuss games ranging from Custard's Revenge to Burnout Revenge here.

Old 01-13-2017, 07:02 AM
Fleshlight King

BillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandas

Oh and that Project Octopath or whatever? I want that shit right now.
Old 01-13-2017, 07:50 AM
is fancy

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

yep. Goddammit Nintendo. LEARN FROM YOUR MISTAKES.

The gimmicky controller won't be used in more than a handful of games. GUARANTEED. "oooh the controller feels like 3 ice cubes are in there. HD RUMBLE"

Mario pulling a Sonic has me weary BUT at least the pedigree is there. I'll hold off judgement until reviews. Zelda has sucked since WW and while that trailer was indeed awesome, not a system seller for me. Once Mario/Splatoon 2 hits I'll be on board.

That being said, I'm a goddamn battered housewife/fanboy for Nintendo so who know what'll happen by March but that presentation didn't do much for me. I just want confirmation that I can transfer all of my fucking VC titles and NOT have to rebuy them. Also, that controller is TINY as fuck and gives me pause.
Old 01-13-2017, 07:51 AM
is fancy

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

also, they need to confirm that "free game to play for a month" as a bonus. If it's free and you keep it for a month yay! If it's like Steam's free weekends? GTFO NINTENDO GODDAMMIT.
Old 01-13-2017, 07:56 AM
is fancy

the boxing game looks kind of neat but again, I want to see legit gameplay and hear from people who aren't from nintendo on what it's like. If it's not a waggle fest then this has the potential to be amazing.
Old 01-13-2017, 08:10 AM
is fancy

the fact that 1-2 Switch shit isn't a pack in is mind boggling.
Old 01-13-2017, 09:00 AM
It's in the bone!

Trejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurts

This thing is just so wierd. The resolution drops when you play it out of the dock (and reports the GPU is up to 40% slower), apparently the Zelda game takes up almost 50% of the built-in storage, and only has the battery life of a DS?
Old 01-13-2017, 09:08 AM
is fancy

Yeah. It's the first product that after seeing the presentation honestly didn't do anything for me. I mean, I want to buy it at some point because I fucking love Mario and Splatoon but probably not at launch.
Old 01-13-2017, 09:17 AM
is fancy

also the fact the joy con shit is 70 bucks and the pro controller is like 90? What the fuck nintendo?
Old 01-13-2017, 09:37 AM
is fancy

Also, I can just buy Zelda for the Wii U and be fine. So that kills and sort of DAY ONE purchase of the Switch for me. They need to figure out how to release a goddamn system with Mario day one.
Old 01-13-2017, 09:41 AM
is fancy

Also, this "CONNECT 8 SWITCHES FOR ULTIMATE SWITCH ZORD" shit just makes me realize that I don't even have 8 friends in person who would A: Own a switch and 2: Want to get together to do this.

It's that kind of shit that makes me feel really fucking old.
Old 01-13-2017, 10:28 AM
Fleshlight King

BillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandas

The pricing for peripherals is INSANE, but I would buy a pro controller and nothing else anyway. ARMS looks cool..until OH HEY MOTION CONTROLS oh fuck you Nintendo. If I have to use motion controls for anything, I am not playing it. Also, I just read that you get one NES or SNES game a month....and ONLY that month. Then you pick another. Not yours to keep. So this kind of kills Splatoon for me, because I am not paying Nintendo for a fucking online service that doesn't even give me a free 20+ year old game each month, when I am getting multiple free new and good games from Sony and MS.

I can play Zelda on my roommate's Wii U...but I kind of don't want to play on that big fucking tablet controller. I hate it.
Old 01-13-2017, 10:31 AM
is fancy

yep. Unless they pull something out of their ass prior to launch, this shit isn't fooling me this time.
Old 01-13-2017, 10:32 AM
is fancy

"BUT BUT BUT THE FREE SNES/NES GAME WILL HAVE NEW ONLINE FUNCTIONALITY!"

GTFO. Also, the weirdness with the online stuff being tied to your smart device and not the system seems really fucking odd.

The boxing game looked cool but Kotaku said it got old fast during their fucking DEMO.
Old 01-13-2017, 10:32 AM
Fleshlight King

I do want Mario, Splatoon, and Zelda...and whatever that Octopath is. But I get the feeling that's a Tokyo Game Company joint, in which case it will likely be on PC as well.
Old 01-13-2017, 10:34 AM
Fleshlight King

Oh man yes. I did see something about the online voice stuff will be via a fucking SMART PHONE APP WHAT IN THE HOLY FUCK.

As always it comes down to, do you wanna play Nintendo first party shit? Then get it for that and don't complain about third party support or online functionality, because those will suck. Which...the Wii U first party stuff never sold me. I played like...4 hours total of Wii U games. Now...if they put Bayonetta 2 back out on Switch...
Old 01-13-2017, 10:38 AM
is fancy

I said it on FB. I loved my WII U for a month at a time for years. Mario 3d, Xenoblade, Splatoon, Nintendoland, Mario Kart 8, and Wind Waker HD.

All first party. 3rd party was non existent for me because I never liked Bayonetta and didn't care about anything else. The fact they had this fucking machine and never gave me a goddamn Advanced Wars or Fire Emblem game is fucking infuriating. I'll stick with my 3DS and instead will just update to the XL now instaed of the Switch. The 3DS is one of my most favorite systems and has some of the best fucking games on it. I still play my launch unit at least once a week and have been.
Old 01-13-2017, 10:55 AM
is fancy

holy shit watching Americans play with those tiny fucking controllers is ridiculous.
Old 01-13-2017, 11:28 AM
is fancy

The American event isn't helping their case so far.
Old 01-13-2017, 11:30 AM
is fancy

"GET THE ZELDA COLLECTORS SET FOR 130 AND GET A STATUE!" - Reggie

ugh. Is this what it feels like to be jaded?
Old 01-13-2017, 11:35 AM
Shut up, crime!

gravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandas

Yeah.

But I really want that challenge coin, though.