Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People  

Go Back   Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People > General Category > Video Games

Video Games We play them, and we know you do. Discuss games ranging from Custard's Revenge to Burnout Revenge here.

Old 08-19-2016, 10:02 AM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Anderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandas
Default Madden 17

So, I played some of it last night ahead of its release on Tuesday.

The Good:

Way better music. Not great, but better than the shit blend in 16.
The OFFENSE has improved dramatically. The Computer AI can't just bitch hit you anymore.
Plus, the sticks get more options to juke and break out.
Plus, there are QTE moves to break out of shit hits.
The defense also allows for better match-ups against the CPU. Plus, you can actually target and pick WAY better.
MUT mode has improved dramatically.

The bad:

The kicking isn't totally ruined, but they had it right last year. There was really no reason to update it.
Due to kicking being a three point system, you've got to think it out more.
Still, you can execute trick plays now. But, those take planning on the fly.
Draft Champions is still kinda lame, but they're aggressively promoting it.

Click here to visit AndersonVision!
Old 08-19-2016, 10:18 AM
fucking loves magic

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

I can't justify buying this without a complete overhaul.
Old 08-19-2016, 10:21 AM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Anderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
I can't justify buying this without a complete overhaul.
Well, I'm addicted to MUT. So, I haven't really fucked around with most of the other areas.

That being said, the AI is less of a force than it was in 16. Now, the skill is on you. That sounds empty, but it makes the overall play WAY DIFFERENT.

Old 08-19-2016, 10:24 AM
fucking loves magic

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

well the good news is that I'll still be able to play you as I'm sure my little bro will buy this which means I get to play it.
Old 08-19-2016, 10:25 AM
fucking loves magic

it's just a matter of "when" he'll buy it.
Old 08-19-2016, 10:42 AM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
it's just a matter of "when" he'll buy it.

Ha! Another thing about MUT mode is that instead of getting a total shit roster out of the gate. You get an early perk pack. Meaning you pick a team out of the 32.

Then, you get their best Off and Def player of 2016. Meaning, I got the Patriots...so I got Brady and Collins out of the gate. You can pick the Lions and get their shit. So on and so forth.

Also, the range for ability isn't as wide as it was in 2016.